Victoria's Secret Stores - worked seasonal as winter job between fall and spring semester | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"worked seasonal as winter job between fall and spring semester"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores as a contractor

Pros

it was easy work. there was not a challenge, you knew exactly what was going to happen at work. I worked with a good group of people, but i don't think it would be nice working there if you didn't like the people. Also, it was nice because they gave you free stuff. When a new perfume launched, i got a free bottle of the body spray mist. it was pretty straight forward.

Cons

it was so easy and boring. I was frustrated with the scheduling policies because we would find out our schedule so last minute and then there would be a person desperate to get their time covered. I didn't know I would be scheduled for overnight stocking shifts when I was hired on either. Overall, I did not like working here, but I don't think I would like working in any retail environment

Advice to Management

Rather than have power trips, listen to employees. I felt like my boss resented me because I was in college and had a successful future and she didn't like her job.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"It's retail..."

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- I worked in Pink, and there were occasional free items like bras, panties, body products
    - if you get lucky with the store you work at, you can make some good friends here

Cons

Management is terrible. My store manager barely graduated from high school (a fact she openly admitted) It can get terribly frustrating working for managers who you know you're more qualified than (education-wise, but I'm a university student). Managers are generally unprofessional, and probably jaded by the fact their degree led them to working in retail... or else they're hoping they can work their way up within the company by taking a store manager position (totally unlikely, if you work for this company you will not move up an inch). After-hours work can be lengthy, and there are even overnight shifts at some times during the year, which all employees must work, not just people who work in the back. Customers can be excruciating to deal with, but that's expected at any retail job. Managers force you to be so adamant at selling to every customer, that a lot of customers are visibly uncomfortable, but if you leave them alone to shop you will be chastised. Despite visits from the CEO and other higher ups, this obsession with upselling hasn't changed, though it rarely works when hiring high-school or early college aged kids. High turnover.

Advice to Management

Take a serious look at how your store employees interact with customers. It's painful for both parties involved because high school and college kids have no experience in sales, and management is just as clueless. Store managers are dishonest, and even cruel at times. Definitely unprofessional.

2. "Fun and easy-going"

Former Employee - Beauty Associate
    Former Employee - Beauty Associate

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment, freebies, discounts. You gain a lot of customer experience. Managers are usually easy-going and like to keep work fun. Positive workplace.

Cons

Pay rate is minimum. Hours are always low. It is very difficult to advance in this company. Probably won't be able to begin a career here unless you want to spend 10+ years waiting for a promotion getting paid minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many part-time employees and just give your existing employees more hours. 4 hours a week is just ridiculous.