Victoria's Secret Stores - Okay... | Glassdoor

"Okay..."

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in The Woodlands, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Because the retail industry is such a high turnover emloyment business, it seems like it would be easy to move up in different positions if you stick around long enough. For the most part, coworkers were nice.

Cons

Schedule: Work schedule says you get off at 11pm, which means you close the store. I understand having to restock the shelves, make sure panty bars are up to company standards, etc. But sometimes we wouldn't leave until 12am or 1am in the morning. Then have to walk to our cars in the dark at the mall. That's just completely unsafe. The mall would be closed for hours by then, there's no security around and no one else left in the mall. We're always the last store to leave. My first time closing, i expected to leave by 11:15pm at the latest, i wasn't informed that 11pm really meant whenever the whole store is cleaned and up to standards. That is something that should've been explained. As a high school student, i wouldn't have excepted later shifts if i knew the manager would keep up until 1am and be upset about us complaining to leave. We would be out earlier if she wouldn't allow people in the store an hour after the store closes. We aren't allowed to clean while there are customers in the store.

Advice to Management

Take the advice and hear out the workers. Don't play favorites and abide by the rules. Manager want to throw rules in people's faces, but won't follow protocol themselves. Allow people to learn various areas. It makes no sense to have 4 people on registers in an empty store and one person on the floor and not allow someone to learn how to efectively work the floor. Work smarter not harder.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

1. "Great place to work"

Pros

Young spirited leadership team & you feel engaged and encouraged to do well. Fun culture and everyone is super encouraging. Overall, a great place to work!

Cons

Fast paced environment! Sometimes the pressure can build up and you need to be ready to work more than the typical 40 hours a week.

2. "I hated working here!"

Former Employee - Pink And Beauty Associate in Clackamas, OR
    Former Employee - Pink And Beauty Associate in Clackamas, OR

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. This was the worst place I have ever worked. Very unprofessional.

Cons

Took me off the schedule without telling me. They do call ins, which are illegal.

Advice to Management

Don't be such stuck up jerks.