Victoria's Secret Stores - Okay... | Glassdoor

"Okay..."

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in The Woodlands, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Because the retail industry is such a high turnover emloyment business, it seems like it would be easy to move up in different positions if you stick around long enough. For the most part, coworkers were nice.

Cons

Schedule: Work schedule says you get off at 11pm, which means you close the store. I understand having to restock the shelves, make sure panty bars are up to company standards, etc. But sometimes we wouldn't leave until 12am or 1am in the morning. Then have to walk to our cars in the dark at the mall. That's just completely unsafe. The mall would be closed for hours by then, there's no security around and no one else left in the mall. We're always the last store to leave. My first time closing, i expected to leave by 11:15pm at the latest, i wasn't informed that 11pm really meant whenever the whole store is cleaned and up to standards. That is something that should've been explained. As a high school student, i wouldn't have excepted later shifts if i knew the manager would keep up until 1am and be upset about us complaining to leave. We would be out earlier if she wouldn't allow people in the store an hour after the store closes. We aren't allowed to clean while there are customers in the store.

Advice to Management

Take the advice and hear out the workers. Don't play favorites and abide by the rules. Manager want to throw rules in people's faces, but won't follow protocol themselves. Allow people to learn various areas. It makes no sense to have 4 people on registers in an empty store and one person on the floor and not allow someone to learn how to efectively work the floor. Work smarter not harder.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"Good company to work for while in school or in between jobs"

Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the products and the discounts. I also worked with a great group of people who were knowledgable and were willing to willing to train new associates.

Cons

Management was inconsistent about scheduling and your hours are based on store goals.

Advice to Management

This company is a multi million dollar company. Please invest in your associates. If you can sell one bra for $60+, you can give your employees more than a 50 cent raise each year.

2. "This is a wonderful place to work!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are more pros for working here than cons; for instance; developing team communication skills, great work/life balance, lots of flexibility, decent discounts.

Cons

I did not see a lot of upward mobility. Experienced a bit of seniority that is linked to seasonal and non-seasonal staff.