Victoria's Secret Stores - Love/Hate relationship with the store. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"Love/Hate relationship with the store."

Former Employee - Specialist in McAllen, TX
Former Employee - Specialist in McAllen, TX

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discount!!!! Free stuff. Being a part of a woman's possible life changing experience.

Cons

Management! Our managers were super rude and unappreciative. Better communication would've been nice as well.

Advice to Management

Have management take courses on respecting associates.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"Overall a decent experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company as a whole is a great company. Their benefits and culture are a plus. Despite the fact the company many recent layoffs - its a good company for the young right out of college. Its also a good company for those who are in the lingerie /swim field. Discounts were great.

Cons

Overall the company was a great company-but when it broke down to individual areas and teams - it was very difficult. There are a lot of "clicks" and if you don't fit in -and follow -you are outcast . You will not grow within your area. Work life balance might have worked in other areas of the business -but where I worked specifically it was shunned upon especially for those who are younger parents and have a life outside of the company. You were not seen as dedicated to your work if you didn't put in 12-15 hour days and never take a vacation.

Advice to Management

Consider treating people with respect. Some of the management was not qualified and did not know how to speak and treat their people. Coming to work to be around management who was always negative and used scare tactics to try to promote work is Not the way to treat associates. Always pointing out the negative and never praising your teams doesn't get results -it only creates a negative work space . People like to come to work knowing they are in a positive environment.

2. "One year down"

Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was a great discount, the people were fun, and there was never a dull moment. Plus, my managers were really great.

Cons

It was paid horribly, and I was never offered a raise. (I was just out of high school, and had very little experience). And I had to work mornings which was not fun. New people all the time, very few people stayed for more than 6 months. I was there for 10.

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep up with employees about what they're looking for in their job.