Viejas Casino - Grandiose plans, lacks poor execution in everything. No real effort and support from upper management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Viejas Casino

"Grandiose plans, lacks poor execution in everything. No real effort and support from upper management."

Pros

Nice benefits. Surprisingly decent pay. Good/supportive team members. Opportunities to grow. Fun atmosphere.

Cons

Harsh work schedules. NO flexibility whatsoever. No loyalty to team members (25+ yrs of work to be let go in a heartbeat). Fake smiles.

Advice to Management

Mainly to UPPER management: Treat your employees well, work with some of their needs. If you take care of them, they will take care of you. Don't take them for all they've got.
We're called TEAM members because we should be a TEAM. Without one or the other, the business can't run, so treat your team mates well.

Other Employee Reviews for Viejas Casino

"Love it!"

Current Employee - VIP Concierge in Alpine, CA
    Current Employee - VIP Concierge in Alpine, CA

I have been working at Viejas Casino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Player Development is the best department to be hired by in the entire casino, no doubt.
    Team members with in the department are the most sweet, caring, understanding loyal people who are extremely supportive. An amazing team to work with!
    Paid time off.
    Great Benefits.
    Fast pace environment, there may be slow nights but are quite relaxing if you had a very long night the night before with guests.
    Paid 1 hour lunch.
    Very guest service oriented if you love people, you will meet people from all over the world
    Communication with several departments so you have the chance to learn how everything works
    opportunity to move up in management to become a Casino Host, which I did not prefer but some do.
    End of year bonus for non-union workers.

Cons

There is no set schedule, it is always changing.
    You must work all holidays, but get great holiday pay.
    Most of the guests are very difficult to deal with, because they are always begging for money when they lose. The Casino Industry is a different animal of clientele and you must be ok with it.
    Very smokey environment.

Advice to Management

VIP Services should only be dealing with Gold and Platinum Guests.
    We always need more Concierges in case someone calls off, and we can call someone else to cover the booth so the Casino Hosts don't have to.
    Quality of team member cafeteria food needs to change.
    Other than that I think the direction of the Casino with the new GM, core priorities, and values are fantastic. Very forward moving. I would call Viejas my family.

"If you are desperate"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alpine, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alpine, CA

I worked at Viejas Casino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are desperate, it's a job. You will get a paycheck. The benefits if you qualify are good. A lot of nice people here both employed and guests.

Cons

You will not get any raises above .30 and they will find reasons to make it less. Favoritism and cliques and ridiculous amounts of drama. Bottom line, they don't care about you at all. You are just a warm body and the threat of termination hangs over your head constantly. Don't get sick, it's not allowed and counts against you! Don't get injured on the job either because workman's comp doesn't work same here as in the state of California and you will get screwed. Don't be late, don't have a life... just don't even bother with this place unless you have no other recourse. Morale is really low here for good reason. It's a mess.

Advice to Management

Try caring and jumping in to help instead of hiding.