Viki - Good Company | Glassdoor

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Viki full-time

Pros

Powerful startup, geeky bunch of people, ambitious founders and CEO

Cons

No Cons, except I hate the part that Product managers are non technical people and they try to control engineering goals and deadlines

Other Employee Reviews for Viki

"Most Supportive Team I've Ever Experienced"

I have been working at Viki full-time

Pros

The team at Viki is incredibly welcoming and supportive. Within a month of working there I felt completely integrated into the team culture. There are constant work events, it is an extremely collaborative team, and everyone genuinely seems to enjoy working there.

It's a place where everyone is passionate about what they're doing. We're all working towards the same goal of spreading Asian content to global audiences. Everyone is a fan and the whole office loves chatting about the things they're working on. People are excited about the content and the mission of the company, and therefore even more menial tasks become fun.

Cons

There needs to be better communication between certain teams, but it seems like the senior management is aware of this and is constantly working to improve upon it. Since video content is such a face paced, evolving field there is a lot of flux so sometimes changes happen suddenly within teams and those updates take time getting communicated to everyone. That being said, people do make a concerted effort to remain as transparent as possible.

"Really depends which team you're on"

I worked at Viki full-time

Pros

Great benefits, atmosphere, friendly people

Cons

Some managers were great, but it felt like some of the other people in management were B or C list people who didn't know what they were doing but were just bluffing their way through everything.