Virgin America - Best experience of my life. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Virgin America

"Best experience of my life."

Former Employee - Marketing - Anonymous in Burlingame, CA
Former Employee - Marketing - Anonymous in Burlingame, CA

I worked at Virgin America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had two unique job roles at VX and had an opportunity to get my hands dirty on a lot of projects and open myself up to a plethora of new opportunities. I had the opportunity to access experiences no one else would. It is a company that is growing and has so much potential, and the people are what also makes it a great place to work.

Cons

The reason I left was growth. I could not go above where I was positioned at the time and I really needed more money and growth.

Advice to Management

Offer more promotions and increased salaries.

Other Employee Reviews for Virgin America

"Inexperienced leadership, and alot of favoritism"

Current Employee - Guest Services
    Current Employee - Guest Services

I have been working at Virgin America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to fly for free or at low cost

Cons

Leadership in the stations lacks proper training, and there's plenty of favoritism. Policies and procedures are not properly explained to GST's, a manager will penalize you and the best they will say to you is it's company policy, what's even worse they don't understand the policies themselves, and constantly give you misinformation. ALOT of people quit while i worked there.
    The pay is terrible, though the company tries to portray that its a nice place to work with their expensive uniforms and nice check-in stations. Please don't let the image fool you. Promotions are based on who you make friends with never hard work.

Advice to Management

Train leadership, just because someone was a station director elsewhere doesn't mean they have people/managerial skills. The supervisors need to learn policies and procedures they are very misinformed and hence make a GST's work harder to do.

2. "Creating WOW!!"

Current Employee - Pilot in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Pilot in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Virgin America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Changing the guest experience to become America's favorite airline. Fun atmosphere, team oriented, and great brand recognition. Very young fleet of aircraft with all the high tech amenities that business travelers need.

Cons

We're still on the low side of the pay scale compared with our peers in the industry. Still need some work on consistency of applying work rules.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and consistent when applying work rules.