Virginia Mason Medical Center - Federal Way Virginia Mason : Good pay, Good co workers but SERIOUS MID AND UPPER LEVEL MANAGEMENT DYSFUNCTION | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Virginia Mason Medical Center

"Federal Way Virginia Mason : Good pay, Good co workers but SERIOUS MID AND UPPER LEVEL MANAGEMENT DYSFUNCTION"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Virginia Mason Medical Center (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and excellent employees

Cons

The work environment is unnecessarily stressful due to the high workload, endless list of rules and "policing" of staff. Even the rule abiding hardworking employees are treated like they are worthless and can be replaced - people fear for their jobs on a daily basis.

The Managers sit in up in their nice office all day, order lunch paid by VM and use "drones" to do their dirty work. Most of them are uneducated and have no people, management or customer service skills..... and it shows. They are wasting money and making bad budget decisions.

VM needs to fire the dead weight middle managers and clinic manager of the Federal Way clinic and start over with a hardworking cohesive team that respects their valuable staff.

Advice to Management

Federal Way management : Go home. Gary Kaplan and VP : Stop saying you want to hear the truth about the work environment...you don't. We have tried to tell you with several anonymous letters to your office.

The environment in Federal Way is so hostile that no one can really tell you how they feel for fear of getting fired.

You need to create a truly anonymous feedback forum so you can find out what is really going on in Federal Way.

Other Employee Reviews for Virginia Mason Medical Center

"VM - love of my life until they got so caught up in other things that patients were no longer at the top of the pyramid."

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Virginia Mason Medical Center full-time

Pros

Fantastic doctors and staff, most of whom truly care about every patient they see.

Cons

Administration that's lost focus - making it tough for those who care about patients.

Advice to Management

Get back to knowing your people - what they do, what they endure on a daily basis. Then they'll respect the other things they're asked to do. Loyalty is lacking as of late. Care about your employees. Really listen to them. The lack of both is why I left. It wasn't fun any more.

"I. T. Professional"

Current Employee - I T Professional in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - I T Professional in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Virginia Mason Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging environment at prestigious, innovative medical center. Competitive salaries and very good management, annual reviews are guaranteed. Not a cut throat environment, patient is the primary focus for all staff.

Cons

Pace can be incredibly hectic, stressful and demanding. Burn out and fatigue can set in after a while. Things can get political at times, but where doesn't it?