Virtru - Great Internship | Glassdoor

"Great Internship"

Former Intern - Visual Design Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Virtru for less than a year

Pros

I interned at Virtru this summer and learned a lot. My manager was great, and the HR team, who was in charge of the internship did great. I really enjoyed the actual work that I was given, and the internship program. As a Visual Designer, I worked with both the UX and marketing teams, and was able to see how the business worked from the perspective of both departments. ***On top of internship events, dinners,... and lunches that are scattered throughout the summer, Virtru caters lunch every Monday and Friday, and they have a fully stocked snack bar that gets refilled twice a week!***

Cons

No cons—great company and great people. What more could you ask for?

Virtru2019-07-31

Other Employee Reviews

"Good until the layoffs"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at Virtru full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Great culture + Mission * Seems to care about employees' well-being * The best manager I have had and a good culture of 1:1s * Good work-life balance, was told "we don't need a reason for you to work from home"

Cons

* No 401k match * Huge layoffs in Sept 2019 - I've heard 20% * Slightly disorganized in terms of development process, but was making plans to get better.

Advice to Management

Get up with every other company and get a 401k match. Please. For the sake of everyone still there. Make sure your next "big growth period" isn't followed by layoffs.

Virtru2019-09-25

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Virtru full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Culture of engineering excellence - I've learned best practices around devops, scrum, CICD, QA, test-driven development, and more. * Support for employees' career goals * Flexibility on remote work and schedules as long as you are meeting your responsibilities and delivering quality work. * Responsibility given to employees * Genuinely nice people to work with.

Cons

* I find the health care benefits to be expensive * If you are looking for easy work this would not be a good fit.

Virtru2019-06-19

Discover more reviews about Virtru.