VirtualScopics - Great ideas, poor management, poor execution | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for VirtualScopics

"Great ideas, poor management, poor execution"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rochester, NY

Pros

The health care benefits are paid for. Dental is paid for an invividual, but family is extra. Not a bad gig. 3 weeks of vacation is standard and there is also the holiday shutdown.

Cons

I will preface everything I will say with the following:
Research everything independently to what I have written. If there is bias in what I say, then eliminate it. Nothing I write is meant to be a smear campaign. I want the company to grow and I strongly believe in what they do.

The company acts very much like a "good 'ol boys" club. You are either in or you are out. I have spoken with other individuals who have voluntarily left the company and they agree with my assessments.

What they are doing is really worth investing in; however, look at how their stock is doing. When they first were posted on NASDAQ, it soared to over $7.00. Then look at the infighting that happened. Research news paper reports. A few high level individuals were trading stock and caused the value to go down. Since then, the stock has gone down despite the individuals leaving the company. In my opinion, it shows that even without the individuals, VirtualScopics has been unable to keep their stock value up.

They have tried to bolster the stocks by higher ups buying stock volume themselves. For even greater detail, review their SEC filings. They are quite informative.

I believe what they are doing is great, but they need to become more employee focused. The company has an uncomfortable turnover rate. There is a general lack of clarify, focus, and the ability to stay on message with each other.

Advice to Management

Read the above review. Take a step back and create an action plan. You need to boost moral. Many of the employees are paranoid. It is an unhealthy work atmosphere.

Other Employee Reviews for VirtualScopics

1. "Intern"

Former Employee - Accounting Intern in Penfield, NY
    Former Employee - Accounting Intern in Penfield, NY

I worked at VirtualScopics (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment and experience, but very slow paced.

Cons

very small company, seems to struggle.

2. "Worst company I ever worked for"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rochester, NY

I worked at VirtualScopics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You'll get a pay check to pay your bills. Atleast your not jobless.

Cons

They claim themselves as a technology company but they are not. They run more like a factory or a service company. They invest zero on future development or human resource development. Really awful management. Never join if your are young and excel in life

Advice to Management

Invest on your technology and human resource development otherwise you will die out.