Visa Inc. - road to nowhere | Glassdoor

"road to nowhere"

Current Employee - Business Leader in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Business Leader in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

easy commute from my house

Cons

It seems like you'll go nowhere. There is no employee development plans. I feel stuck in the same place. Both salary wise and title.
In the past 5 years there hasn't been much of salary increase and the excuses ranged from "HR is trying to bring others to 50% so you didn't get any salary increase - instead we gave it to x" OR "the management signed you money off to another team" -- .

Other Employee Reviews for Visa Inc.

"I worked at Visa as a contractor, on multiple assignments, from 2003 to 2010."

Former Contractor - Technical Writer in Foster City, CA
    Former Contractor - Technical Writer in Foster City, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you live in Foster City or nearby, Visa is a very good place to work. Many of the people with whom I worked were both smart and nice. The cafeteria is fine; parking is fine. The work is straightforward and neither frustrating nor challenging. It's a good brand name and not a bad place to spend a little time.

Cons

Policies about contractors have grown progressively disheartening. When I first worked at Visa, it was a great place and contractors were treated like part of the team. Now, unless they can negotiate something better, contractors end up working at a hoteling space--no cube, not even a little partition--with very little space for your files or even a little elbow room. You need to know that, unless your manager can negotiate something better, HR will pull your contract after 50 weeks, no matter what you are doing/no matter how outstanding your performance. You then have to wait for 6 months before you're eligible to return as a contractor. Because the work is very focused on the payment card industry and considerably less technical than you find at other Silicon Valley companies, you might find that your skills have languished in comparison with the requirements of other industries.

Advice to Management

Stop giving lip service to how the Corporation "values its contract workforce" and start viewing contractors as providing important skills that enable work to get done.

2. "Good"

Former Employee - Analyst in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good workplace great jobs get along with coeworkers

Cons

Sometimes you have to work faster and stress more

Advice to Management

Train one one area until the person becomes an expert then mone on to other areas