Visa Inc. - It was a great experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc.

"It was a great experience"

Former Intern - Risk Intern in Foster City, CA
Former Intern - Risk Intern in Foster City, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The HQ is very nice. The recruiters were very approachable and helpful with the interview process. Overall, the facilities are what you would expect of a Fortune 500 company--top notch. The campus is clean, serves great food, and is within walking distance of 20+ restaurants.

Cons

None. The experience was great. The internship program at Visa was very well run, including chances to meet with senior level management and execs.

Other Employee Reviews for Visa Inc.

"Dictated by meaningless processes and people who deliver a perception rather than anything tangible"

Current Employee - Senior Business Leader in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Leader in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are driven high acheiver, the place moves so incredibily slow that you will actually have a work life balance.

Cons

Very challenging for the high acheiver types with a passion to solve complex business needs in an innovative way. Not to mention, completely bewildered at the climate of mediocrity that is rewarded. Poor performers just get "moved over," they don't get fired-and they know it! So the pool of B and C players proliferates while the A players move on out of frustration. A somewhat apathetic culture.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep your top talent, figure out how to "remove" the poor performers so those that actually want to work and drive business have the opportunity to florish. You know it's bad if the advice I got on my first week was "lower your ambitions and you will do just fine here." Offer some real solutions to addressing the poor performers rather than just validating as an organization we're at parity with other organizations' dysfunction by doing some agency benchmarking exercise. I would be concerned about the next 20 years, particularly in this period of major disruption in the payment space. Come up with innovative ways to attract and keep top talent-start with 360 degree reviews.

2. "ok"

Current Contractor - Senior Systems Architect in Foster City, CA
    Current Contractor - Senior Systems Architect in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

stable company, regular working hours, pays well,

Cons

slow to change and very risk averse

Advice to Management

take risks