Visa Inc. - Good benefits but not much more | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc.

"Good benefits but not much more"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in American Fork, UT
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Pay and good benefits but they only care about the customer not employees

Cons

No chance for advancement. If you work for the company you will not be promoted they always get there promotions from outside the company.

Advice to Management

promote the best employees regardless of experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Visa Inc.

"Great people make up a good company"

Current Employee - Business Leader in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Business Leader in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Visa hires some of the most talented people I have worked with in my career. What has remained constant in my fifteen years working at Visa is the phenomenal people. Visa benefits are competitive and the overall compensation package decent.

Cons

The company used to be open to alternative work arrangements. I was sold on the company with this in mind. Unfortunately it has more recently taken the antiquated line that you can only perform well in your position if you are at a desk in the main office. Unfortunately I believe it will cost them by losing talented employees.

Advice to Management

Don't follow the herd, lead the pack.

"Dictated by meaningless processes and people who deliver a perception rather than anything tangible"

Current Employee - Senior Business Leader in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Leader in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are driven high acheiver, the place moves so incredibily slow that you will actually have a work life balance.

Cons

Very challenging for the high acheiver types with a passion to solve complex business needs in an innovative way. Not to mention, completely bewildered at the climate of mediocrity that is rewarded. Poor performers just get "moved over," they don't get fired-and they know it! So the pool of B and C players proliferates while the A players move on out of frustration. A somewhat apathetic culture.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep your top talent, figure out how to "remove" the poor performers so those that actually want to work and drive business have the opportunity to florish. You know it's bad if the advice I got on my first week was "lower your ambitions and you will do just fine here." Offer some real solutions to addressing the poor performers rather than just validating as an organization we're at parity with other organizations' dysfunction by doing some agency benchmarking exercise. I would be concerned about the next 20 years, particularly in this period of major disruption in the payment space. Come up with innovative ways to attract and keep top talent-start with 360 degree reviews.