Visa Inc. - Internship program was not organized | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc.

"Internship program was not organized"

Former Intern - Quality Assurance Engineer in Foster City, CA
Former Intern - Quality Assurance Engineer in Foster City, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working environment was great. People are kind and helpful. Also, I love the location of campus. It was positive experience overall.

Cons

Internship program was disorganized. From beginning to end, I wasn't sure what I need to do. I had to wait for superior to give out work to do everyday. If that simple testing work is finished, I literally had nothing to do.

Other Employee Reviews for Visa Inc.

"Fantastic business model, conflicting management team"

Current Employee - Senior Business Leader in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Leader in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very dedicated and talented staff. Some people have worked here for over two decades and believe in the core of the business.

The business model and opportunities for the company are great with many years of growth ahead of it as consumers secularly move from cash to electronic payments. The work is challenging with good opportunities for career growth

Cons

Visa has had an unfortunate history of executive management that viewed the company as a bank rather than an innovative payments company, and the current team is no different. An over abundant focus on near term cost reductions consumer the majority of time, rather than a prioritization of investments to the vast opportunities to select from.

Additionally, many in the upper exec circle have a competitive vs. collaborative attitude that permeate to the lower levels and creates unhealthy conflict.

Advice to Management

Focus on what matters -- how do we grow? versus how to we cut costs?
    Give the employees a clear and simple set of goals that they can all rally toward. The clearer these goals are the less conflict there will be

2. "Unique Business"

Former Employee - Senior Business Leader in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Leader in Foster City, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Since going public, V feels more like many large public companies in terms of P and L and focusing on shareholder value.

Cons

V's corporate culture stems from its days as an payments association. There cultural friction (between association culture and public company) manifest in ways that ultimately burden true innovation (process, committee-based decision making).

Advice to Management

Find ways to free up innovation.