VisionWeb - Resume stain - avoid at all costs. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for VisionWeb

"Resume stain - avoid at all costs."

Former Employee - I. . in Austin, TX
Former Employee - I. . in Austin, TX

Pros

The office park is surrounded by very nice scenery on FM 2222, and it has a basic fitness center on-site.

Cons

The work environment in this very nice office park makes you think you’re confined to a white-collar prison cell, and you'll never have time to use the on-site fitness center.

To start with, 55-70 hour work weeks there are considered normal, as is weekend work, for no additional pay. Employees are looked down upon if they do not log in after they get home at night - which at this place tends to be after 8PM. At least you will receive the "benefit" of a remote access account, but just make sure you've done your 10+ hour days in the office first. The principal motivation there seems to be fear of losing one's job. If you go on vacation while employed there, you'd be well advised to plug in several times per day.

Upper management routinely looks for people on whom they can blame their own shortcomings or downright screwups. They treat seasoned professionals worse than interns, and have no regard for people who aren't total "yes men." Deadlines are arbitrary, not based on the amount of work it actually takes to do the project, but based on how much overtime they think they can pressure you into working that week. Dare to question the project timeline, and a string of retaliation and abusive behavior will befall you. If you're not insulted privately or chewed out publicly, you'll be terminated behind your back without cause. I watched this happen to co-workers. In my 15+ years in IT, I’ve never worked nor even heard of a more hostile work environment than this.

Oh yeah - and don't plan on eating lunch while you're employed there either, at least not in a civilized manner. The so-called break room is barely big enough for the coffee machine and water cooler, so if you brown bag it, you'll have to eat at your desk. If you venture out for lunch, be warned that the nearest decent food (i.e., not fast food or burgers) is a 15-minute drive, and you'll have to get it to go, because you wouldn't dare be gone for more than 30 minutes. That's if you don't get into a wreck getting out of the parking lot, as the building is on FM 2222 with heavy traffic going 65+ MPH on an undivided 4-lane highway.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your people with respect instead of constantly watching out for your own stock options to the exclusion of all else. You might add 10 years to your life by acting in line with better values, and you'd certainly be under less stress. Actually care about your people instead of treating them like so many pieces of meat.

Other Employee Reviews for VisionWeb

1. "Great employer with a great future!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at VisionWeb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I look forward to coming to the office every day. It's a great atmosphere, with great team members who support each other daily. We have a strong plan and many goals to strive for.

The strongest asset to VisionWeb is its employees. So many of them are dedicated to working hard and working unlimited hours to accomplish our goals.

Our environment is fun and positive. Every team works well together, and supports all aspects of the business. We have great benefits, great pay, and a great bonus every year.

The kitchen is loaded with snacks/drinks, and we often have lunch brought in for team building activities.

Cons

We cannot grow fast enough to support the many projects we are working on. The company depends on teams and the many heroes rather than adding enough resources.

Advice to Management

Consider investing in hiring more employees earlier rather than later, to support new products and services to customers.

2. "They Have Gone Downhill"

I worked at VisionWeb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

benefits were ok, some flexibility

Cons

poor management and leadership, poor communication, no room for growth or career advancement, salary

Advice to Management

This was a great company to work for in the beginning. After a few years of my time there, there were big changes. Some of the changes were good, however, others were not. The company basically went downhill from there. There was very poor management, leadership, and communication.The morale became horrible due to this. I stuck it out there for a long time, hoping that things would get better, but they didn't so I left. There wasn't any growth or encouragement. This pushed the good employees away unfortunately.