Visionworks - Work I was passionate about, coworkers who were not. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Visionworks

"Work I was passionate about, coworkers who were not."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Visionworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You stay busy, it's an excellent opportunity to meet many people and help them get glasses in a cost effective way. The hours are reasonable and the day passes quickly.

Cons

The focus is more retail less health - commission based sales people push you towards special upgrades and cleaning kits. Managers come down hard on sales lacking upgrades - reviews are based on customer comment cards and numbers alone, less the reliability or work of the employee.

Advice to Management

It would be impressive if a person could walk into a Visionworks and feel cared about. Employee and shopper alike.

Other Employee Reviews for Visionworks

"disfunctional family that does not follow their own "core values""

Current Employee - Eyewear Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Eyewear Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Visionworks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One free pair of glasses every year with quality frame and nice lenses. Hired as full time associate which is rare these days. Company policies and guidelines seem adequate and reasonable...in writing.

Cons

Ideal of training and staff development is accomplished by bullying and accountability. Territory Director does not treat employees equally. Hiring too many inexperienced opticians that sell according to KPI causing customer service issues that need to be resolved by few associates that are still remaining ( not fired yet for not selling) with proper experience to fix other's mistakes. Frustrated and overworked, no one at upper level asks or listens.

Advice to Management

Please initiate an assoicate survey/evaluation form, to gather information about what is really happening in your stores. Take it seriously because I guarantee in another couple of years, almighty sales wil decline with staffing issues, turnover levels, and lack of experienced personnel in your stores. The last thing we need with the Branding change is a change of faces too. Please help us.

"The worst job I've ever had in my entire life."

Former Employee - Eyewear Specialist in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Eyewear Specialist in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Visionworks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a free pair of glasses once a year. The doctors are the only cool people that you'll work with.

Cons

The managers will treat you like dirt, and bring you to tears at least once a week. You'll most likely be hired on as a part-time employee, then forced to work full-time hours without the given benefits of a full-time employee. Don't expect to ever get a day off work, seeing as they're understaffed and can't keep employees to save their lives.

Advice to Management

Management should try treating their employees like people, instead of walking all over them. If you want to receive any kind of respect from your employees, learn how to give them respect instead of talking to them like they're worth nothing, especially when you're already understaffed.