Visionworks - NO REWARD | Glassdoor

"NO REWARD"

Current Employee - Optical Sales in West Palm Beach, FL
Current Employee - Optical Sales in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

Most employees are grea and hours are ok

Cons

doesn't matter how much experience you have, when it come right down to it you are a salesman.
You can sell the perfect pair of eyeglasses and get a commision of about 20 to 100.00 a week but if you don't sell that 6.99 cleaning kit you will get written up. And as easily as it is to make commission you lose it faster by lab errors and delays. Benifits are awful. The company is owned by BCBS and you still pay over 130.00 a month for health insurance. And forget vacation. There are only about 4 months out of the year that you can take vacation, everything else is blackedout. It's an all boys club too. Not to many women in upper management

Advice to Management

get out of your office.Stop micro managing. District managers should come to storesand stop sending 10-20 faxes about how everyone sucks at their job. Do you sell eyeglasses or cleaning kits?

Other Employee Reviews for Visionworks

"Eyecare Centers of America"

Current Employee - Retail Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

in the right environment, it is a good opportunity to learn the optical industry.

Cons

ECCA's marketing is designed to lure customers into their stores and upsell to the extreme. It is a bait and switch mentality. The training concentrates on selling versus optical knowledge. Associates face intense pressure to meet company sales expectations or they will be replaced with "better" salespeople. Managers face similar if not more intense pressure to meet performance expectations, sometimes very unrealisitic expectations. Upper management does not care about their associates, only performance expectations. If they don't need it, convince them they do and sell it to them anyway.

It is also not a family or team culture. Upper management's attitude is that anyone can easily be replaced.

Advice to Management

Senior management should reevaluate the current bait and switch marketing model. They should understand that the customers entrust us with their healthcare and we should adopt a higher degree of integrity into the selling process that exists now.

2. "Mostly content with ECCA"

Current Employee - District Technical Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - District Technical Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

I have been with ECCA for almost 17 years and I've had the oppurtunity to try multiple jobs. Even when I didn't do a great job in retail, I was allowed to change to lab without the threat of counseling or termination. Now I'm incredibly happy with what I do.

Cons

In certain markets that ECCA is in, if you want to advance, you would have to relocate. Also, I travel extensively for ECCA and in doing so, I feel that I am not fairly compensated for being away from my family and my own store.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with the people at the store level. Many times, they don't know what direction the company is headed.