Visionworks - Mostly content with ECCA | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Visionworks

"Mostly content with ECCA"

Current Employee - District Technical Manager in Portland, OR
Current Employee - District Technical Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

I have been with ECCA for almost 17 years and I've had the oppurtunity to try multiple jobs. Even when I didn't do a great job in retail, I was allowed to change to lab without the threat of counseling or termination. Now I'm incredibly happy with what I do.

Cons

In certain markets that ECCA is in, if you want to advance, you would have to relocate. Also, I travel extensively for ECCA and in doing so, I feel that I am not fairly compensated for being away from my family and my own store.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with the people at the store level. Many times, they don't know what direction the company is headed.

Other Employee Reviews for Visionworks

1. "It's a job..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia (South Africa)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia (South Africa)

Pros

Getting to help people pick out frames was fun. Free glasses every year. fast advancement, I became a manager within 6 months of employment.

Cons

I was at the smallest store in the district and the manager seemed confused and irritated by our low volume numbers.
    The interview process is a joke, they hire everybody, then figure out that it was a problem candidate. Hourly plus commission, making it to the next tier of the commission bracket was ridiculous.

Advice to Management

When I called to let you know that my mother had died and you threatened my job if I missed my shift, I can't understand how you were surprised when I not only did NOT come in, but also gave my resignation. How dare you think that I would pick selling overpriced glasses over grieving the loss of my mother.

2. "This job will make you ready for anything!"

I have been working at Visionworks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is a great career if that's what what you want to do with it. It is also a great part time job where you can transfer the skills to any other job. You meet great people every day and work with them as well. You are constantly learning new things so that it is always interesting and never boring! New training programs in place make the process easier and transparent.

Cons

Constant "stretch goals" can make it frustrating to keep achieving more and more. Although the culture is about "behaviors" it is like any corporate company where the bottom line is the most imprtant thing.

Advice to Management

Follow through with what you say you will do.