Vista Community Clinic - FAIR | Glassdoor

"FAIR"

Pros

Vista community Clinic provides opportunities to grow, they serve the low income community and they have many programs available,reasonable prices for visits and medication. VCC is growing and continues to grow.I love to work with VCC because it has given me the oppurtunity to grow but also has a lot of disadvantages working for this company.

Cons

Unfortunately this clinic hires a lot of family!!!! In one department you can find someone who is related to atleast 1 person!! This has been a problem because certain people can get away with certain stuff because they are related to someone with authority.....not cool!!! You have one manager and the daughter is a clinic manager for another department..... you have another department that management promotes an aunt or cousin to a higher position...its so interesting how family members tend to succeed faster than others. The "Higher Powers" of this clinic seem to be friendly at times, very unpredictable and almost feels as if they look down on certain people, Im sure this happens everywhere its just hard to find humble people these days. Since this clinic is " non-profit", VCC does not pay for overtime!! Only certain staff does?? Not sure why, but if i stay late to help a .patient my hours are "corrected" and my overtime is taken off! Never been paid for overtime, therefore I have to run to clock out, come back and finish whatever needs to be finished for that day. If we constatly get overtime..guess what we could get written up.

Other Employee Reviews for Vista Community Clinic

1. "great office"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Vista, CA

I have been working at Vista Community Clinic (Less than a year)

Pros

that staff is very helpful

Cons

there is not a lot of parking when the clinic is busy

Advice to Management

should have a staff member at the front lobby window at all times

"Horrible environment to work on"

Former Employee - Counselor in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Counselor in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Vista Community Clinic (More than a year)

Pros

plenty of parking and great visual aid equipment.

Cons

lack of clinical supervision, micro management by administrators, hostile environment if you are from different culture, lack of privacy to work, nosy coworkers, mid management far away and disconnected, super small working quarters, unhealthy air. administrators are rude to clients.

Advice to Management

Fire hostile culturally centered workers who are rude to peers and clients..