Vistaprint - Great place to work! | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Lexington, MA
Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Lexington, MA

Pros

It's a fast growth e-commerce company that actually has a sustainable business model. That sense of security coupled with a great work-life balance attracts top talent - I'm continually amazed by some of my coworkers' abilities. It is a very globally minded company too which I've experienced a lot in Analytics.

Cons

Sometimes the pace of change is unnecessarily quick, and decisions are sometimes hasty. There's also an over-reliance at times on driving short term revenue over long term rewards, but that is moving in the right direction more recently.

Other Employee Reviews for Vistaprint

"Great if you don't have a life outside of the company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Pros

In general, terrific and smart folks to work with.
    Working with young talented people.
    Thrill and excitement of working at a fast pace company.

Cons

Jobs in engineering are usually 24 hours 7 days a week.
    Aggressive 3 week release cycles with minimum down time in between.
    Don't let them fool you with comp time. You will still end up working 50+ hours no matter what happens.
    I lost count of the number of appointments that I had to re-schedule my appointments due to the demands of the job when I couldn't or wasn't allowed to leave the office.

Advice to Management

Don't promote from within if the individual doesn't have the soft skills to manage people. No matter how much management training you give them, some individuals should remain as individual contributors. They will never "get" it.

"Mixed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Pros

Smart people with a great business model and this company has really had amazing growth in the last five years

Cons

Extremely political environment and promotions are not on based on merit. Turnover is rising every quarter and the HR team has not reacted to this trend at all.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics and the focus that existed a few years ago, hire an outside firm to assess the structure of the organization and trim the fat.