Vistaprint - High stress but a great learning experience for a PM | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vistaprint

"High stress but a great learning experience for a PM"

Pros

Highly qualified and intelligent colleagues, flexible work hours, great benefits, fantastic way to learn eCommerce, five star Human Resource department, very clear path for career growth, commitment to retaining employees and intellectual capital

Cons

Too many senior managers and executives involved in every decision, difficult to make significant technological or organizational changes, overly complicated, programmatic and flawed system for judging project and employee success.

Project managers have to wear too many hats and generally have no work life balance.

Advice to Management

Simplify the matrix. It's over-engineered.

Other Employee Reviews for Vistaprint

"High pay. High Stress. No work/life balance. Amateur management."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High pay
    Free beer on Fridays
    Nice location outside of Boston

Cons

Management is chaotic and amateur. Work is at a frantic 24 hour pace with no regard for work/life balance or vacation time. Company not doing well. Restructuring for the fourth time in two years. Building is cramped and cube space was recently revamped to accommodate more people = tiny work space with your coworkers working elbow to elbow.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Get aligned on a plan and deliver against it. No traction when there is no alignment and things keep changing.

"Great company to work at, not much work life balance."

Former Employee - Recruiting in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiting in Lexington, MA

I worked at Vistaprint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with the brightest people of my career. Great location, good management in general, and the leadership from the top was fabulous.

Cons

They didn't understand why I did not choose to have a nanny to help take care of my kids. I was in middle management, and the time demands were very high, so I ultimately left because of it.

Advice to Management

Be open to hiring outside the box. I saw some super talent not get hired because they failed the Train Test.