Vistronix - No Better Than It Has To Be | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vistronix

"No Better Than It Has To Be"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

Pros

Vistronix contracts with the US federal government to provide IT services. The project I work on is extremely fun and interesting, but Vistronix is just a contractor that pays my salary and benefits. The work I do is defined entirely by the government agency. Vistronix stays out of the way. So, the best I can say of them is that they pay me reasonably well.

Cons

The health insurance they provide is the cheapest low-ball insurance they feel they can get away with. The mental health coverage is pretty much a no-op.

Advice to Management

Why would anyone want to work for Vistronix? The best I can say of them is, they're not as bad as they might be.

Other Employee Reviews for Vistronix

"Great Job for People of All Experience Levels"

Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
    Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

I have been working at Vistronix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are plenty of benefits, your boss checks on you regularly to see how you're doing (both online and in-person at your customer site), friendly staff, diverse workplace, plenty of customer projects to be placed in, and there's probably other stuff that I'm forgetting to mention.

Cons

Although I think the pay is fair, it could be a little higher. That's the only con I have about this company, although location could be a contributor.

Advice to Management

Honestly, keep doing what you're doing! I know it may be a little difficult to keep things the same now that we've been acquired by ASRC Federal, but it's still possible.

2. "Lots of opportunity"

I have been working at Vistronix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There seems to be a lot of software development work now, and in the near/medium term . Leadership makes quick and reasonable decisions, with transparency. Supports some federal gov agency (client) missions you could be proud of.

Cons

Steep learning curve for some of the company's client applications.