Vita Coco - Vita Coco Boston needs a serious revamp in Team Management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vita Coco

"Vita Coco Boston needs a serious revamp in Team Management"

Current Employee - Brand Educator in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Brand Educator in Boston, MA

Pros

Free cases of Vita Coco product
Good pay for what you do
You get to help change people's buying / drinking habits
Help individuals become more healthy and give up CocaCola / Pepsi products
Get to sell to everybody and anybody, infants to seniors; everybody is a potential customer!

Cons

Promises from 'upper management' are never followed through with
Verbal abuse from boss over the phone regularly, hang ups from bosses (how professional ?)
Poor communication, no organization, essentially felt like I was working for high school kids
Promotions were given to friends and buddies over employees out performing in sales
No growth, no fairness, complete ignorance from senior employees
No loyalty to the product, half the people in upper management dont even drink or believe in Vita Coco, only in their paychecks from corporate
Disrespectful bosses treat employees horribly when really we are the face and salespeople of this company

Advice to Management

You need a serious remodeling of the type of company culture you create. Boston's team is poisoning the brand identity inside out. Just because you have awesome, outgoing, energetic Brand Educators doesn't mean your company has a right to treat them however they like. I have heard about management across the country and it seems to vary by state, but the Boston Metro marketing team is a dirty player. It was despicable working under this management, and now although I still love Vita Coco more than life itself, it will forever sit as a mean, rude, betraying company to me.

Other Employee Reviews for Vita Coco

1. "Nice place to work but badly structured"

I have been working at Vita Coco full-time

Pros

fun dynamic environment
    social activities to keep you motivated

Cons

too many resources for marketing and sales leaving other departments short of support
    too many amateurs not enough professionals to learn from

Advice to Management

Keep up with the innovations

2. "Amazing summer and great people!"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Farringdon, England (UK)
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Farringdon, England (UK)

I worked at Vita Coco as an intern

Pros

- Really fantastic and young working environment, loads of responsibility and great social side

- Everyone's very ambitious and wants to do well so very motivating place to be

- Great perks, fun parties and a hammock

Cons

Genuinely couldn't think of anything! Really enjoyed my time and fantastic opportunities, very flexible in particular compared to their main competitor!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, you are great and I spent my summer very very well hydrated, never lose the culture!!