Vitacost - Opportunity Abound and a Happy Environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vitacost

"Opportunity Abound and a Happy Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

I have been working at Vitacost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for several large corporations in my career and this is the first time working for a "smaller" company. Vitacost has a LOT of opportunity and as support functions and management find new and better ways of doing things and getting products to market faster - they don't sit in ivory towers making decisions with no input. They rally the teams and get a round table approach to problems and find REAL solutions.

As for the previous comments about "no more employee lunches" and "no free goods" - well you obviously don't know what is important in a work environment. The measure of a successful company, is its ability to grow and evolve. When you stay stagnant and rest on your laurels of the "yesteryear" you fail.

The CEO (as every CEO does) expects results. If you are expecting less from any management team, perhaps you should find another field. However, different from the other companies I have worked at, the CEO here sits with his people, is interested in their personal lives, their education on the industry.

As for the comment about excel skills and no industry experience - the measure of a truly successful merchant is being able to learn the widget, analyze the information about its performance, negotiate better metrics and EXECUTE. I have worked as a buyer in half a dozen vastly different industries and never failed at getting them to grow. Its the measure of your ability to manage a business, not necessarily know every detail of one particular product category before entering into it.

The morale is the BEST I have ever experienced. I genuinely am excited (as are most other emplyees here) and happy about coming into work everyday and feel motivated and encouraged to continue to grow. Feedback is given and performance measured but its an environment where I feel I can make a mistake and not be made to feel that I am not valued because of it. Its definitely one of the best companies I have worked for and am excited about growing as the company grows!

Cons

Regret I didn't come here sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work and the company will continue the healthy upward growth towards greatness!

Other Employee Reviews for Vitacost

1. "One star is generous!"

I have been working at Vitacost full-time

Pros

The only pro I could think of is at least I got to take a lunch break during the day; which at times was even frowned upon. There are a few employees within the company that are genuinely nice people...hopefully they will wake up and leave soon!

Cons

I'm not even sure where to begin...I don't know if I there is enough space for me to type. Leaders DO NOT lead by example. They micromanage every ounce of your job and have no trust or faith in their employees. It's not a rewarding atmosphere; it is a very depressing place to step foot into every day. There is a lot of unprofessional behavior that takes place within upper management; they are like corrupt cops and there is no avenue to express concerns to because HR is also part of their regime. I think that the CMO may be the only saving grace at the entire organization and I feel sorry for him that he has to deal with a bunch of social misfits. If you want to work in an environment that will completely diminish any creative ideas or potential you have...go to Vitacost. Unless of course you don't work at Office Depot...because you can't get hired if you don't have that under your belt.

Advice to Management

Try to learn how to treat people like human beings. Animals are treated more humanely and with more dignity than the employees here.

"Great job for an 18 year old who lives with their parents, low pay, gossip and crappy hours"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carolina, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carolina, NC

I have been working at Vitacost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ice pellet machine, and nice landscaping.

Cons

No growth opportunity, a lot of inter-office secret relationships and dramatics of the high school kind, no training, CEO getting insane pay increases and I couldn't even get a 20 cent raise after 3 years...they took the discounts away, they took the free monthly $25 in supplements away, insurance got worse and the price got higher, can't keep anyone in HR or any executive position for that matter, for any decent amount of time. From 2009-2013 it has become a different company in the worst of ways, the excellent reviews are fake as well, I know how this company operates...

Advice to Management

No thanks.