Vitacost - Quit today - they stole 2 years of my life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vitacost

"Quit today - they stole 2 years of my life"

Pros

Nice people and genuine friends that I made there. Many people in marketing are of good nature and enjoy their work. Bathrooms and a gym. Desk, chair and water. Close to my boyfriend's home in Boynton Beach.

Cons

Crazy executives (CEO, CMO, CIO) who think they're all that and spew positive daisies all day. I left today because of an argument with my boss. She wanted me to update something no matter how long I had to stay tonight. I needed to leave to pick up my daughter and she refused to allow that. She mentioned to me that I didn't know what I was doing and that I would regret it. I walked out after being harassed by horrible manager and people who wanted work on the weekends. Give me a break. I have a life and refuse this nonsense.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews here. The company is a horrible experience and causes people grief. The positive reviews are from obvious high paid execs who know nothing about earning a low paycheck and being harrased. A joke at best at Vitacost.

Other Employee Reviews for Vitacost

"Pompous Leadership"

Pros

Nice building with luxurious gym and nice offices. Cubicles are great and non stop office supplies.

Cons

Leadership is horrible there is no direction for workers. All managers of IT are strange and pompous to others. Just because we don't know computers they treat us like bad people and stupids.

Advice to Management

Bring back free health insurance, monthly rewards and anniversary celebrations. Company is suffering through bad times and CEO just has raise to $400K. It is in news.

"Consider this place if you want a heart attack and dead end career"

I have been working at Vitacost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coffee, free expired products, gym, Florida location, close to lunch spots, brilliant people to make friends with

Cons

Where should I start? We used to have a discount and free products, that is no longer happening. We also used to get free lunches on Fridays, but I guess that was eating into the budget, so instead of keeping that they cut it out and continue to pay executives an embarrassing salary and lunch expense account. The leadership has high turnover; the CFO, CIO (and recently COO fired) positions all are revolving doors with people who are ex cops, unqualified, and come from other companies where the CEO believes they have the magic potion. The reality is that the company is losing money hand over fist, has horrible wall street reviews and is in trouble. They don't purchase office supplies any more either; go figure. A lot of the old timers are just holding onto their jobs because that's all they have; they're unqualified to go elsewhere. The web development area can't even find people to stay; their turnover is high and the IT direction is gloomy and dull. If you are looking for a comical experience, join Vitacost. You won't be disappointed at the circus pitstop.

Advice to Management

Tighten up the trust and get a consulting firm in there to advise you on how to make money.