Vitamin T - Sad to say an overall Terrible Experience | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Vitamin T

"Sad to say an overall Terrible Experience"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Agent
Current Employee - Recruiter/Agent

Pros

I wish I had more positive things to say, since I went in with high hopes after their sales pitch-like interview process. One thing to mention is that no matter how they spin it, Vitamin T is a Division within Aquent. Vitamin T is NOT a standalone company or even a spin. All Aquent corporate policies, rules, guidelines and paperwork are a part of Vitamin T. There are no Vitamin T offices...you work in an Aquent office. This is a positive thing, since Aquent seems more stable and filled with better people. Generally GOOD people. The same can't be said for Vitamin T.

One plus to note is that your base salary will be higher than a lot of staffing firms out there. This is because despite what you are told in the interview process, your bonuses will be next to nothing. You may never have to work late at Vitamin T, but on the times that you do, it literally has no affect on your commission. Commission-wise you'll make more with one direct hire fill at another staffing firm then you will here in 6 months and that is NOT an exaggeration.

Cons

This review is more of a TAKE CAUTION notice. If you are put on a certain "team" (based on location) within Vitamin T, your experience will be a nightmare. Easily the worst managment I've ever seen. You will receive almost zero supervision, support, coaching and even direct contact with this manager. You will be forced to learn on your own and then two months later will be told that everything you've learned on your own, is wrong. The worst part then is that you won't be told or supported in how to fix this, you'll just continue to be told that it's wrong. The turnover rate on this team alone is 50% and climbing. Take great caution...I wouldn't wish my experiences as part of this "team" on anyone.

Vitamin T has gone to great lengths to brand themselves with an "agency" feel and look. But that is exactly what it is...a look. No matter what they say, Vitamin T is a division within a very large corporation (Aquent). And with that come all the normal policies and procedures that go along with working for a large corporation.

The unlimited vacation policy looks great on paper, but is worthless if you're afraid to use it. Overall, hands down the most unprofessional experience I've ever encountered in far too many ways to list here.

Advice to Management

The FTE system doesn't not work. It's great for Aquent employees that have been with the company for ten years and have long standing relationships with clients who always require freelance talent. But for the Vitamin T side it's a joke. In this economic climate, creatives DO NOT want constant freelance work. They want the stability that comes with a full time job. To not offer direct hire is a complete and utter disservice to your creative talent, clients, and employees as a commission bonus. Without direct hire, Vitamin T will continue to be run over by staffing firms that do offer it. Ask yourself as a job seeker, are you using a firm that requires you to go temp to perm or one that has a "direct hire" option?

Other Employee Reviews for Vitamin T

"Off to a great start!"

Current Employee - Director, Business Development in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Business Development in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've nearly completed my 2nd month with Vitamin T and am loving it so far. The training program was extensive, setting me up to hit the ground running upon completion. The team and my boss foster a collaborative, supportive environment and we have a ton of opportunity in our market. The company also does a ton in each of the communities it operates in as well, which is fun to be a part of. Vitamin T's approach to building business is rooted in the core values of the company, which makes my job easy as well!

Cons

Not really any cons to speak of so far. There has been some change in the sales strategy throughout the organization, but that happens to all companies.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great, supportive work for your employees. Continue to listen to your top performers and equip them to be successful.

Vitamin T Response

Jan 13, 2018 – President

THANK YOU for your awesome review! This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I'm thrilled you're off to a great start. As you know, I sit in LA and would welcome any feedback as you progress... More

"Pleasantly Suprised"

Current Contractor - Strategist in Dallas, TX
    Current Contractor - Strategist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Vitamin T as a contractor

Pros

Working with Vit. T has been so refreshing. In working with Paige Wooster in Dallas, it is the first time working for an agency where I feel like she has my best interest at heart. She works very hard on my behalf so that clients and talent both win. Would highly recommend!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue the culture of relationship building vs. sales and you will succeed.

Vitamin T Response

Dec 6, 2017 – President

Thanks for the review! I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I'm so glad you're having a great experience with us - and with Paige (you're not the first to say she's awesome!) After 18 years... More