Vitamin T - Poor Overall experience | Glassdoor

"Poor Overall experience"

Pros

The negative review that was posted a few weeks ago, could not have said it better. The only plus I can think of is that you will get to leave at 5 every day. As you'll leave, there's a good chance you'll be miserable.

Cons

As has been stated on here before, you're on your own. And with the wrong manager (and that term is used as loosely as possible since there's no actual managing being done) you will be miserable on a day to day basis.

Advice to Management

Review what your "regional managers" are actually doing and how much contact they have really have with the people the "supervise". So of the decisions they are making, for example promoting people with little to no experience, are downright idiotic.

Other Employee Reviews for Vitamin T

"Sad to say an overall Terrible Experience"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Agent
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Agent

Pros

I wish I had more positive things to say, since I went in with high hopes after their sales pitch-like interview process. One thing to mention is that no matter how they spin it, Vitamin T is a Division within Aquent. Vitamin T is NOT a standalone company or even a spin. All Aquent corporate policies, rules, guidelines and paperwork are a part of Vitamin T. There are no Vitamin T offices...you work in an Aquent office. This is a positive thing, since Aquent seems more stable and filled with better people. Generally GOOD people. The same can't be said for Vitamin T.

One plus to note is that your base salary will be higher than a lot of staffing firms out there. This is because despite what you are told in the interview process, your bonuses will be next to nothing. You may never have to work late at Vitamin T, but on the times that you do, it literally has no affect on your commission. Commission-wise you'll make more with one direct hire fill at another staffing firm then you will here in 6 months and that is NOT an exaggeration.

Cons

This review is more of a TAKE CAUTION notice. If you are put on a certain "team" (based on location) within Vitamin T, your experience will be a nightmare. Easily the worst managment I've ever seen. You will receive almost zero supervision, support, coaching and even direct contact with this manager. You will be forced to learn on your own and then two months later will be told that everything you've learned on your own, is wrong. The worst part then is that you won't be told or supported in how to fix this, you'll just continue to be told that it's wrong. The turnover rate on this team alone is 50% and climbing. Take great caution...I wouldn't wish my experiences as part of this "team" on anyone.

Vitamin T has gone to great lengths to brand themselves with an "agency" feel and look. But that is exactly what it is...a look. No matter what they say, Vitamin T is a division within a very large corporation (Aquent). And with that come all the normal policies and procedures that go along with working for a large corporation.

The unlimited vacation policy looks great on paper, but is worthless if you're afraid to use it. Overall, hands down the most unprofessional experience I've ever encountered in far too many ways to list here.

Advice to Management

The FTE system doesn't not work. It's great for Aquent employees that have been with the company for ten years and have long standing relationships with clients who always require freelance talent. But for the Vitamin T side it's a joke. In this economic climate, creatives DO NOT want constant freelance work. They want the stability that comes with a full time job. To not offer direct hire is a complete and utter disservice to your creative talent, clients, and employees as a commission bonus. Without direct hire, Vitamin T will continue to be run over by staffing firms that do offer it. Ask yourself as a job seeker, are you using a firm that requires you to go temp to perm or one that has a "direct hire" option?

"Darn Impressive Dallas!"

Former Employee - Hiring Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Hiring Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Vitamin T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve been working with the Dallas Vitamin T team for several years at 2 different companies and they impress me every time! They’re awesome at vetting each project and have dug deep to find me some incredible talent. (They’ve bent over backwards and it’s resulted in perfect matches every time.) I feel like I know them all personally… I can call anyone at any time to get help or advice - they know what’s going on with anything and everything all the time - it’s kinda weird but whatever works! They’re currently filling 2 positions and there’s no doubt in my mind that the projects will be done beautifully.

Cons

Like some things, you get what you pay for. Fees are the necessary evil but the skill level I ask for has always been met with quality candidates.

Advice to Management

You’ve got a great group of people in Dallas. Keep sending me talent!

Vitamin T Response

Mar 20, 2017 – President

LOVE THIS! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T. Our Dallas team is dynamite, and it's so nice to see them recognized here :) If ... More