Vitamin World - decent job, perks if you make your goals | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vitamin World

"decent job, perks if you make your goals"

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

You get commission on everything that you sell. You'll get monthly bonuses if you make your goals. The people in senior management are kind. This is a decent job for someone who knows how to sell.

Cons

They sometimes set unrealistic goals. There is a high turnover rate due to the demands of the job.

Other Employee Reviews for Vitamin World

"I got fired when I asked for a Raise"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Vitamin World full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

commission, discount, training, easy inventory

Cons

I never got a pay increase in 5 yrs of management, my sales beat plan and one year my store was #1 in the company another #6 out of 450 stores 0n top of that they cut everyones pay this year by lowering the commission and raising the goals to make it impossible to make bonus. the commission change alone brought my pay down $100 a week when i asked for a little more I was fired in my state that is legal for them to do. After 6 yrs you would think a company would care but upper management made it clear how easy I could be replaced

Advice to Management

when you have a good employee show them they matter. I loved my job and the company but when I tried to open up to management about not getting a raise in 5 years I got fired to protect the companies assets. My pay was cut over $100 dollars a week because of a commission cut the same year our company has the highest sales ever. When a company does good they should pass it along to the people who helped them get there not take away from them

"Vitamin World's getting worse by the week"

Pros

The discount is amazing, easily the best perk of the job. Decent pay overall. The pay could depend alot on what district you work in and how good of a salesman you are.

Cons

They threaten alot, but rarely will pull the trigger. If you can sale, you can get away with murder. We have a ton of turn over from management down. Every week they add on a different task for us to do, then get mad when everything don't get done. They also lowered the commission by 1%, from 2.5% to 1.5 on outside brands and 5.5% to 4.5 on in house brands. More work for less pay, how can one possibly be content with their job?

Advice to Management

That's stop worrying about the average and conversion, and go back to when helping the customer was still the number one goal. It's sad when you see employees turn customers away or talk down a product to keep there average high. When will they understand, they are losing business by increasing average we must maintain?