Vitera Healthcare Solutions - It's a good company to work for, | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vitera Healthcare Solutions

"It's a good company to work for,"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Vitera Healthcare Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office (good location and workspace), mostly friendly employees, collaborative atmosphere, challenging

I'm one of those "new hire" (semi) "recent grads" with "no experience" but I can honestly say that I do better and more work than most the "experienced" folks, and that's why there are so many people complaining. Yes, there is some level of apprehension in worrying whether or not you'll have your job next quarter, but the people who are worried about that aren't working hard enough IMO. If you're're not doing as good of a job as others, you'll be let go. I've seen new and old employees get "repositioned".

Yes, the work is difficult, but if you honestly work hard at it, you succeed easily. My job is one of the ones that require more than 40 hours a week, but it's untrue to say that it's not possible (or even easy) to balance work and life. The company does have occasional corporate events, gives employees opportunities to interact with executives personally and regularly, and is just a good place to work for overall.

Cons

lack of SOPs across departments, people who do their job lazily, lack of mid-level management experience

So I'm fine with a company that hires a bunch of new people, but it is a problem when a bunch of the mid-level managers do not have experience with the company and/or industry. I know several people who are responsible for others and important duties, but they just do not know how to do their job... that's a problem, but not widespread. Honestly, and I'm sure this won't be appreciated by the employees who have been here for a while, a lot of the older employees seem to be resentful at changes and new hires. Yes, we're now (I count everyone less than 9 months as new), but we're an important part of the team and do have something to contribute.

The most frustrating thing is the lack of SOPs. When the company was Sage, rules were one way. Now that it's Vitera, they're another. Even since we've been Vitera, SOPs have changed - and important ones, like cancellation notice requirements and such. Nothing more frustrating than trying to do your job and being told that rules you're playing by are no longer being used (especially when they were made since the Vitera takeover). But just my 2 cents...

Advice to Management

It would be nice to interact with the higher level executives more often and at a personal level. Although there are the lunch meet & greet type events and other opportunities, it's nice to see execs around on a day to day. Also, please read the comments from everyone, but doing so with a grain of salt.

Vitera Healthcare Solutions Response

Apr 16, 2013 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write this review -- we appreciate your feedback.

Other Employee Reviews for Vitera Healthcare Solutions

"Went completely downhill with the last aquisition"

Former Employee - Technical Education Trainer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Education Trainer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Vitera Healthcare Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of autonomy as a remote employee.

Cons

Not able to get the information you need to be successful in your role, no clear delineation of responsibilities. Unofficial policy is to lip service the client to death, but never actually provide follow-through on resolving their issue. The manager role is basically a revolving door. The product itself is also just a bad piece of software.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like a bunch of frat boys and actually focus on following through for your clients.

"Positive Employee Centered Work Environment"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Vitera Healthcare Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good team atmosphere. Software Developers and QA work side by side in cooperative Agile Software Development environment. All new management is enthusiastic and positive. Development cycle is fast paced but not high pressure. Projects are small and manageable. High degree of cooperation. Friendly, fun place to work. Strong corporate culture valuing Integrity and employees. General knowledge assessment test given to all potential employees.

Cons

Senior management is all new (most managers have been here less than year). There has been much turnover since company was purchased from Sage. There is uncertainty with long term goal of venture

Vitera Healthcare Solutions Response

Mar 14, 2013 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for your feedback!