Vivid Marketing - Fun environment, Good product | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vivid Marketing

"Fun environment, Good product"

Current Employee - Sales Representative (Leader) in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What I believe sets Vivid Marketing apart from its competition is their company culture. All employees are young and fun. Everyone has a sense of humor which made my interview process a great one. Vivid Marketing also gives prospective employees the opportunity to shadow a sales rep for the day during their second interview, so they can see exactly what a typical day is like. There are no surprises. They tell you exactly what you are going to have to do, and they do not put on a front or make false promises. I would have accepted the position in a second, but a family member of mine had fallen ill, so I decided that they needed my help the most at this time. When I told the hiring managers about my situation, they were nothing but understanding. They said that I could contact them down the road about future employment, which I am definitely going to do.

Cons

From what I saw and heard throughout my three interviews at Vivid, I can't think of one thing that stands out negatively in my mind. The job would be perfect for me in every way, and I am looking forward to hopefully being able to work there in the future.

Advice to Management

Thanks for giving me a chance!

Mar 19, 2014 – President

Thank you for all the compliments!!! I hope everything worked out for you career wise and we wish you all the best!

Other Employee Reviews for Vivid Marketing

"Great Entry Level Experience, Really Friendly Staff"

Current Employee - Sales Representative (Leader) in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After reading some of these other reviews, I think people really have the wrong impression of what an entry level position is. Entry level means you're hired with no previous work experience, you're supposed to work long and hard, gaining experience in a field in which you either determine is for you -- or not for you. When I first started at Vivid Marketing, I accepted the position simply because the staff seemed really friendly, the environment was upbeat and professional, and at the end of the day I was going to be gaining valuable sales & marketing experience (which is what I needed for my first career choice - which was pharmaceutical sales). The owner, Chrysanthi Halkiotis, was a pleasure to work with. She really dedicates her time to the people who either ask for it, or earn it. She'll give you one-on-one time with her, and the advice she gave me really helped me grow personally and professionally. Now, it was apparent she didn't do this with every employee...but who can when you have roughly 40 employees in the company. I truly enjoyed my experience with Vivid. I learned time management skills, how to properly manage my weekly finances, how to coach and develop other entry level people (and many other things). If you're looking for a true entry level position and you're willing to work hard, I strongly recommend you begin your career search with Vivid Marketing.

Cons

The downsides are minor. Yes it's longer hours (M-F 8-6pm) and the pay is roughly 33,000-35,000 a year; but again it's the experience you're going for. And the office culture is honestly more relaxed and fun than any other place i've ever worked for so the downsides were totally worth it to me.

Advice to Management

The morning schedule could be a little more organized...sometimes people were confused about what meeting to be in, but again that's minor too.

Mar 19, 2014 – President

Working on that morning schedule....but thank you for all the comments! I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with ways we can improve our company.

"Worked Hard Made Nothing"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Columbia, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun place. Lots of games and makes for a quick work day. The people were fun. Definitely had fun on Thursdays.

Cons

Worked long hours made absolutely no money. Only certain people got resources in the office. The management was very selective in who they promoted to the office. The office was promoted as a friendly environment but lots of hidden anger between team members.

Advice to Management

Be more fair.

Mar 19, 2014 – President

I'm terribly sorry you felt there was animosity among teammates. It's never fun having any type of drama in a professional setting. I can say however that we offer a Management Training Program ... More