Vivint - Better than expected | Glassdoor

"Better than expected"

Current Employee - Manager in Provo, UT
Current Employee - Manager in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, good food, and a growing company with a lot of opportunity. For me the upward mobility and potential increase in pay make up for any of the cons. Oh, and they had Imagine Dragons play a private show for the corporate party.

Cons

There's no 401 match or any availability for non-sales managers to buy into the future of the company. The health insurance is pricey and the deductibles are high compared with what my peers at Adobe, Property Solutions, and Domo are paying.

Advice to Management

The focus of this company is 90% on the sales reps and the upper management and only 10% on the rest of the employees. While I understand that we need to feed the engine that drives this company, it seems as though we overly compensate one type of employee at the expense of the rest.

Other Employee Reviews for Vivint

1. "Fast-moving, Growing, and Fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I genuinely feel like I work with smart and nice people. I never feel like I am being micro-managed and I am free to pursue projects and work in a way that is beneficial for me. It is a huge perk to have meals and drinks provided - I leave home with my keys and phone and I know if I work late I can grab a bite to eat.

Cons

Being in the heart of Utah Valley - competition for upper level jobs is fierce so compensation may be lower than expected. Since Vivint is contstantly growing and changing, things often get swept under the rug and aren't found until they are large issues to be solved.

Advice to Management

Departments other than Sales need to be valued more. Sales may bring in business, but other departments are the ones who keep and save it moving forward.

2. "Big enough to move around &/or grow!"

Current Contractor - Analyst in Provo, UT
    Current Contractor - Analyst in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong/growing nationwide company that is big enough that you have some moving room for any career growth (or even change) you might be looking for in future (and its encouraged and even mentored). Free meals. Onsite clinic. Onsite gym.

Cons

High insurance costs--especially for the high-deductible plan provided at this time. No 401K match. Most mid to high-level managers are male.

Advice to Management

Absolutely must have 401K match these days. Need to outsource benefits so that the proper shopping can be done. You can do much better than present plans/costs. Need to be more open to women as managers.