Vivint - If you are not a salesperson you are garbage | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vivint

"If you are not a salesperson you are garbage"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cafeteria lunches only for cost of tax, clean restrooms, easy to get a job there. There are a lot of activities and days where swag is given out to keep employees happy. If you work inside sales or summer/door to door you will be happy here

Cons

They treat the salesmen as if they were gods. As a service professional I was constantly cleaning up after the humongous amount of lies that the salesmen tell to make the sale. Had to help a customer understand that a motion sensor was counterproductive in a home where they had dogs. Experienced several different accounts from different locations where door to door salesmen had gone through a neighborhood smashing windows then going through the neighborhood a few days later to sell the security system. The system is buggy and takes a lot of effort and battle to get it fixed. Company is all hype and swag.

Management is all about whose butt you are kissing if you want to move up.

Incentives given are never paid out Ina timely manner if at all

Their CEO is a jerk. He almost ran me over twice in his silver sports car without any sign of remorse. He bumped into my wife while she was standing in line in the cafeteria, when she worked there, and yelled at her about getting his way.

Advice to Management

Create a merit system or a program through which employees can move up in the company

Other Employee Reviews for Vivint

1. "For how fast it is growing it maintains a startup feel with longterm security."

Former Employee - Video Producer in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Video Producer in Provo, UT

I worked at Vivint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The corporate culture is innovative and challenging. The average employee age is like 26 so it has a lot hope and enthusiasm for now.

Cons

The "Old Boys Club" mentality got in a way a lot of real progress being made. Just like anything growing there was an old culture that was fighting against the new blood.

Advice to Management

I would say that balancing the old ways with the new. From what I've seen since I left it looks like everything is moving in the right direction so I would recommend to anyone to work in corporate there again.

2. "I started from scratch on the phones in Customer Care and now work whenever I want managing Vivint's online presence."

Current Employee - Online Interactions Professional in Lindon, UT
    Current Employee - Online Interactions Professional in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is great mobility here and Vivint takes care of me as an employee because they value me as a person. Vivint focuses on people, especially the importance of serving our customers and their families. Within two months I was able to master the skills necessary to excel and feel I was recognized and promoted accordingly. I got insurance after three months and a 401K plan since I have have been here at least a year. Not to mention that for every eight hours I work I get a free meal in the cafeteria!

Cons

There are a lot of great people who work here so it can be competative and may require that you need to wait or learn how to perform better before you can advance.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in keeping the company growing while maintaing the quality we provide to the customers we serve!