Vivo (CA) - Ethical and Fair. All I really need in a consulting company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vivo (CA)

"Ethical and Fair. All I really need in a consulting company"

Current Contractor - Project Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Contractor - Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Vivo (CA) as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vivo is highly responsive and cares a lot about their consultants. My company/Vivo's client prefers them for their straightforward approach, which makes me really comfortable too.

Cons

It's been a year since the last party. :)

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Other Employee Reviews for Vivo (CA)

"Don't work here."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Vivo (CA) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comission structure is great! Unfortunately, you are fired before you can collect your commission.

Cons

The management is very petty, micromanagers and two faced. They're not very supportive, knowledgeable or flexible. It's mental abusive. It's the first job I've had where you are terminated when you fill your pipeline.

Marilyn Weinstien does this on purpose. You fill your pipeline with Candidates and instead of paying you commission, you are let go because "It's just not working out." I've seen the Account Executive and the Recruiter let go after making a placement with the same company so she wouldn't have to give up her 20%.

Advice to Management

You're going to get sued if you keep this up.

2. "Go in with eyes open and you'll get a lot out of it"

I have been working at Vivo (CA) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are lots of opportunities to contribute, to pave your own way, and to have a lot of fun. You do have to be willing to speak up—loudly— when you have something to say, but I guarantee that if you do, ideas are always welcome, considered, and appreciated, even if they can't be implemented. Marilyn, as CEO, has been the focal point of criticism on this site, but I believe that comes from misunderstanding her incredible intelligence and lawyer's love of debate as judging or dictatorial. In truth, I've never met someone more willing to take feedback, who would rather you bring 20 ideas to her that probably won't work vs. not coming up with any ideas, or so willing to mentor anyone who truly shows the desire to learn. I just don't think people believe her when she says those things, but she really, really, does.

Cons

The environment is intense, even a bit mercurial—fast paced and serious to a fault sometimes and then hysterically wacky and crazy fun at others. After reading other reviews and working here for a while, my belief is that people coming in don't truly understand the culture. I get it. Its a unique culture. But Vivo is always totally honest about the culture and who they are. I think what surprises new hires is that what they are told in the interviews about the expectations of the culture are, in fact, true. They mean it when they say "If you work here, you need to understand the culture and be willing to work with it. If you don't like that, this is probably not the place for you."

Advice to Management

Keep getting better at articulating the culture early and often. Work to attract people that "get" you and can succeed in your environment.