Vivo (CA) - Always a pleasure to enjoy going to work... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vivo (CA)

"Always a pleasure to enjoy going to work..."

I have been working at Vivo (CA) part-time

Pros

Fantastic coworkers who are not only hard working and intelligent but I would say it's a blast being around everyone. They are not only helpful but quite a fun bunch. i also enjoy working for a woman owned company, very refreshing.

Cons

Would love to be closer to the HQ office (currently in satellite office).

Other Employee Reviews for Vivo (CA)

1. "Great Company, Great People, Great Learning Experience!"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Vivo (CA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Ceo is fun and witty. Coworkers are super friendly and reliable. Higher staff are always open to suggestions and will teach you what you don't know. They paid for my class so that I could learn more about marketing to improve my career and help our company visually. I was given fun projects to keep me on my toes so that I was never bored. They also had great benefits.

Cons

Unfortunately, the 45 minute commute to work was the only reason I left.

"Worst place I've ever worked!"

I worked at Vivo (CA) full-time

Pros

It was not a good experience for me.

Cons

Very high- way too high- internal staff turnover, which is the opposite of what a good small company should have. The CEO is unable to retain any management level employees for any significant length of time. My experience there was, there was no stability, loyalty or recognition of a job well done over the long term. The CEO seems fun and witty at first, so can recruit people to join, but once you get in there, it's not what you expect, so unless they have no other options, people leave. She seems like the type of person who works on her own because she was unable to fit in a normal company where she'd have to interact with others on or above her level. Working at Vivo made me feel terrible, and as soon as I left, I obtained a new position where I was valued for my contributions, just as with my prior positions. Thank goodness!

Advice to Management

There is no useful advice to management because the company is built around Marilyn and her personality, and she is not a reliable person to work for long term. My advice is only to potential employees- don't put your career eggs in this basket!!