Vogel Consulting - Learning Opportunities Don’t Outweigh the Broke Culture - Look Elsewhere | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Vogel Consulting

"Learning Opportunities Don’t Outweigh the Broke Culture - Look Elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Pros

Employees have the opportunity to learn new skills and get exposure to a variety of tasks/disciplines starting on day one. I believe that I improved my technical abilities during my time at the company.

Cons

Morale among employees is dismal. Worse, management does not seem to care about the morale issue and only a couple managers even acknowledge that a morale issue exists. Low morale seems to stem from the poor treatment of employees, vague and sometimes antagonistic communications from management, and extremely high staff turnover.

Management is structured so that employees have multiple bosses/directors, thus creating power struggles between directors. This undermines the mentoring relationship that managers and their direct staff should have.

Advice to Management

The culture needs a complete overhaul if you want to attract and retain good people. Motivate people in a positive way; threats of job loss do not motivate people to do great work. Communicate openly and honestly with staff to build trust.

Other Employee Reviews for Vogel Consulting

"This website is a joke"

Pros

It is clearly just a place for former (most likely terminated) employees to make immature and ridiculous complaints.

As a current and non-biased staff member, I would like to share that I very much enjoy my job at Vogel. I am challenged daily which helps me grow, I enjoy my coworkers, and management is always very flexible and understanding with any time off requests. I truly feel appreciated and that there is a place for me here as the company continues to grow.

Cons

Can be demanding at times, but I didn't decide to work at an accounting firm thinking I would only be working 40 hours a week.

"No better or worse than other employers"

Pros

Challenging work and interesting clients.

Cons

Based on my experience at Vogel there is some truth in many of the negative comments posted here. And there is a lot of exaggeration. I’ve experienced most of these negatives at former employers. Vogel isn’t any better or any worse.

One of the most significant negatives to working at Vogel was addressed a few years ago and there was a noticeable change in the atmosphere. There were still unhappy employees but no employer can ever make everyone happy.

High turnover. Some people moved on to better positions, others couldn’t stand the place and people, for others it just wasn’t a good fit and whether they quit or were fired it was probably the best decision for the individual. And then there were some who had a much higher opinion of themselves than was deserved and couldn’t accept that their poor performance and attitude were the reason they were let go.

Advice to Management

The owner needs to let go of how things were done 30 to 40 years ago. Times have changed and you need to adapt.

Advice to at least one former employee who has left multiple comments in the past few years: it’s time to let it go and move on with your life.

Advice to job seekers: Expect to have to think on your own. Don't lie in an interview just to get a job, and don't take the job if you want a job where you don't have to think.