VoiceNation - Not too bad for a second job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for VoiceNation

"Not too bad for a second job"

Pros

Fast promotion, lots of knowledge sharing, very supportive group, you are always aware of what you need to improve, someone is almost always there to answer your questions.

Cons

If you are used to making more money, either learn quickly or find something else. Most importantly, it takes a special person to be a CCR. Definitely not for everyone.

Advice to Management

There really isn't much to advise management about, it's a pretty solid entry level position. Once again, it's not for everyone.

Other Employee Reviews for VoiceNation

1. "Great people"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Buford, GA

I worked at VoiceNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

coworkers were amazing, working conditions were pretty fair, company is constantly trying to improve not only how they do business but also make life easier for the CSR's on the floor. They really care about you at VoiceNation

Cons

the volunteering opportunities that were promised when I was hired were non-existent. "fun" employee activities didn't really happen after I was hired. Before I started working there they had the Olympic games but nothing like that was ever done again.

Advice to Management

Offer chances for raises like increasing typing speed. I worked so hard to get my typing speed up for that raise and that policy was done away with the day I was finally able to get my typing speed up high enough to be considered.

2. "Poor video managrment"

Pros

Great people, free food and free food

Cons

The culture of voicenation is great, and represents excellence through all its staff.
    The video department is unstable, confused on what direction to take, and constantly all over the place. The Management under the video department is horrible, very unprofessional, and if you as an editor want to use your own creativity, you can forget it. In the video department, as an assistant, you are the ginnypig.
    The Supervisor is only a dictator and doesn't want to see the full potential in someone.
    If you are looking to take leadership and be proud of your own work, I recommend working at an actual video production company and not under one person that only knows how to dictate with a strong high, over the top ego.

Advice to Management

Learn to work with your editors, you don't know everything, if anything, you can learn more editing skills and creativity. Learn to give constructive critism and stop with the favoritism. Learn that everyone is different and each had a talent that is beyond comparison.
    Take management classes or get advice from an actual manager that can help touch up you supervisor skills.