Volacci - Positive and exciting company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Volacci

"Positive and exciting company"

Pros

In the time I've worked for Volacci, I've seen many changes and most for the good of the company. Management truly cares and listens to the staff and, in most cases, implements necessary changes which results in improvement. We have a positive, energetic and happy team to work with. I believe everyone is interested in the future of this company and wants to be a contributing part.
I'm extremely excited to be a part of this company and looking forward to our future.

Cons

My only comment in this section is that it's important to understand that with growth comes change and change sometimes makes people uncomfortable it's necessary for our success and future. I'm confident that our management team will continue to lead us in the right direction and keep us informed as change occurs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good communication. I believe in our vision and support it 100%

Other Employee Reviews for Volacci

"A company that wants to go big but will never go anywhere because..."

Pros

To start off with a few rare things good at Volacci, you get free lunch, but it's mainly processd deli meats and you will get tired of that REAL fast. It's unhealthy. The environment would be considered more laid back compared to the big corporate world, but again, that's not saying much. You get to work on online marketing projects you wouldn't normaly learn in school, but since the company is process-oriented, it eventually gets dull.

Oh, there is a bonus structure in place, but it's a joke. Upper management will find every way to prevent you from getting your bonuses. Don't fall for it.

To be honest, it's hard to think of the pros...

Cons

Trying to keep this short, here's a list of the worst things to expect as an employee:

1) Overworked and underpaid. Sure, the pay is "competitive", but you'll easily put in 50-60+ hours a week after the intial honeymoon training phase. There won't be many people to support you because the company wants to keep profit margins up.

2) No recognition. You can do your best and you'll just be another employee. Here's a pat on the back and some more work because we know you can handle the extra workload. Now get back to work.

3) Depressing morale. Ever watched the movie Office Space? Nobody wanted to work at Initech and dreaded talking to their boss. It's no different at Volacci.

4) Lack of creativity. I mentioned it before and I'll try to go into a bit of detail on this one. The company is process-based, so you have to do everything step-by-step like a chimpanzee. If you mess up and senior management finds out about it, that cuts into your bonus. What's the incentive for creativity and going above and beyond? Right, there is none.

5) Terrible upper management. They care about results, which is a good thing for the company, right? Unfortunately at Volacci, if you have a problem, you're on your own buddy. Senior management could care less, they just want to see numbers so they can fatten up their wallets and go to silly conferences.

I know all of this sounds rash and maybe even exaggerated. But it's really the truth. If you want a temporary job, this may be it. If you want a career, I'd advise you to look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Look at yourself in the mirror. There's your problem.

"This is not for the weak of heart...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Volacci full-time

Pros

If you're looking for a place to learn, this is it. If you want to work for a company where you really make a difference, this is it. Be willing to work your ass off -- you're not going to have time to surf Facebook or Youtube all day: this is a real job. There is no sitting in a corner and doing those few things that get assigned to you. If you want to be "just an employee" go somewhere else. You will be challenged and stressed but when you are done, you will have a sense of accomplishment.

Cons

CEO is a great guy, decent human being. However he struggles with interpersonal skills. He can be very demanding and curt - coming off as rude. But then he can turn around and be very generous. He also does not seem to pick up on normal social cues. Below-average wages. The CEO gave us a book for required reading -- I wish he would read this part again:

"If I hire an employee at below-market rate, market forces dictate that I'm not going to keep that person forever, and replacement will be more costly in the long run than hiring that employee at the market rate. A high turnover rate is very, very expensive. It also makes it hard to create consistency in the workplace, which can lower productivity, service quality, and customer satisfaction (this is also expensive)."

Advice to Management

Leadership is a lot more than just giving orders and being "king of the castle". You must be able to garner trust and give trust in return. Once trust is lost, it's difficult to rebuild.