Volt Information Sciences - Good people to work with | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Volt Information Sciences

"Good people to work with"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Volt Information Sciences full-time

Pros

Good co workers, ethical, healthy work environment

Cons

insurance premium is high, not much scope for promotion

Other Employee Reviews for Volt Information Sciences

"Low Pay, Bad Company Leadership EVERYWHERE"

Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Volt Information Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well it had a Seemingly relaxed environment, and snacks I suppose, discounts from Verizon.

Cons

Management wears a fake smile, but they will always point out things with consistent negativity. They have horrible strategic skill and will tell you to basically dig for water in the desert and then throw dirt in your face when *SURPRISE* there is none; when it is really THEIR fault because THEIR decision negatively effected profitability, which is in THEIR job description, and I lost MY job because of THEIR mistakes. One time they had me looking for a CPA for 45-50K a year, like REALLY?? A CPA can make that working independently part-time! They just needed a scapegoat to blame. They also kiss the behind of corporate like it's a god. Even if by telling them the truth about things could drastically improve Volt revenue. I look at that and say "when i'm finally in a leadership position, this is exactly what NOT to do".

Management may also be kind of offended if you have brains and know a thing or two they don't. Management will dismiss any feedback you give them regarding any ways they can improve business or probably anything else for that matter. However to their credit they at least try to be nice, even if they tell you a bunch of bull crap. Very few people last beyond 8 months their, many give out after 6, and even the people who have lasted over a year and do well admitted to me they look for other opportunities quite regularly.

Another problem: The regional VP who works there and the director have chosen to place the office in the desert, MILES out of the city, because it's "closer to home". While us EMPLOYEES who make far less money than they do have to drive an on average an hour or more to get there from the inner city!. What kind of competent leader does this?????

On top of that the work environment can be semi-hostile and management will always whisper secrets behind your back. Coworkers may or may not do the same, depends on whos working there at the time. I was being talked about behind my back and stuff in the beginning; but after a few months everybody saw I was a great guy and we became good colleagues.

After I left, for a month I was in paradise. It was such a relief that my nightmare at Volt was over.

Advice to Management

Move the office to a more centralized location when the lease ends.

Take more a better strategic stance on accounts at that office. Give your employees a voice and stop harboring secrets.

When the numbers aren't where they are supposed to be take accountability and remember YOU "make decisions that effect business profitability" and the poor guy sitting in front of you has been busting his behind to make YOUR plan work.

2. "Project based job"

Former Employee - Consultant in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Peoria, IL

I worked at Volt Information Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They can find short term and long term opportunity project

Cons

Temporary and client or customer dependant jobs