Volusion - Being able to enjoy coming to work every single day, loving your Co-Workers and the product you represent! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Volusion

"Being able to enjoy coming to work every single day, loving your Co-Workers and the product you represent!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team Off Sites
Lunches brought in as a Thank you for a job well done
Having the ability to speak freely with upper management to fix issues, course correct and incite ideas
Fantastic Christmas Parties and Group Picnics
Pet Friendly Fridays
Benefits and work life balance

Cons

Having to earn your vacation time every pay period

Advice to Management

Would like to see deeper paths to career transition within the company
Remember that you are still working with people, find reasons to sit down with your agents to not just talk "Shop" but truly get to know our ideas and thoughts

Other Employee Reviews for Volusion

1. "Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Volusion is the best place to work! In addition to the fun, laid-back, friendly environment, Volusion really cares about their employees and about investing in their employees as their most valuable resource. A lot of companies say that, but Volusion really demonstrates it. They foster and focus on their employees' strengths and allow those strengths to guide the individual's career path, which results in the employees feeling valued and invested in their work. It's definitely a win-win situation for both employee and employer! And I could write volumes about how wonderful, amazing, dedicated, creative, and fun all the people here are. Truly like family!

Cons

I can't even think of any!

Advice to Management

Keep up what you're doing! The management shows true integrity in the decisions they make, in caring about us as individuals, in giving back to the community and the world, in making life easier for our customers, and in letting us all contribute in ways that are meaningful.

"Volusion really cares about their employees"

Current Employee - People & Culture in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - People & Culture in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We do "Happy Surveys" at work and the Leadership at Volusion really listens to our suggestions. We asked and we got:
    *More time off (including our Birthday!).
    *Bring your dog to work Fridays.
    *Onsite gym or gym stipend.
    *Healthy snacks - lots of fruit yum!
    *Better 401K plans.
    *Great activity rooms w/pool tables, ping pong, video games & golf practice

Not to mention the perks we've had for awhile:
    *Casual dress
    *Free Yoga classes
    *Volunteer days off
    *Beer Fridays

Also, In my role I have a great balance of creative freedom and help when I need it.

Cons

I'm painting a rosy picture, but of course there are challenges. It can be difficult to engage other departments at times, and I feel we would benefit from a more 'Systems Based Thinking' approach. Having employees in 2 buildings causes a bit of separation.

This is something that can be worked on however. I've worked with several software companies and in other industries, so I know what's out there and with Volusion I actually enjoy coming to work every day.

Advice to Management

I wish we could have company-wide "All Hands" meetings once a quarter to discuss the direction of the company to give all departments more insight into our vision. I myself get a lot of information in my position, but I can see where other departments are less informed and may need motivation through this insight.