Volvo Group - Good place to work if you enjoy working hard for limited advancement. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Volvo Group

"Good place to work if you enjoy working hard for limited advancement."

Current Employee - Manager in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Manager in Greensboro, NC

Pros

Strategically the company is run very well financially.. Volvo is methodical in decision making to best balance profit, customer service, growth and employee satisfaction..

Cons

Career development is talked about or limited to specific category of people to meet quota requirements.

Advice to Management

Great hidden talent within the ranks of workers who are held back by lack of developmental policies that would promote growth and career development. All talk but little action.

Other Employee Reviews for Volvo Group

"Multiple Headquarters"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Hagerstown, MD
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Hagerstown, MD

Pros

I really like the way Volvo executed projects. There was always an avenue to approach upper management. I liked the way they handled difficult situations.

Cons

Volvo bought out Mack Trucks Inc. Therefore I had two headquarters to report and recieve requests. There seemed to be an internal competition as to who knew the best way. I was caught in the middle of the conflict.

Advice to Management

The mainframe systems at my location were being phased out. I did not see any opportunity for the future. I really liked Volvo alot, but there should have been an avenue for me to pursue with them.

"Good pay at the expense of career advancement"

Former Employee - IT Support in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - IT Support in Greensboro, NC

Pros

Volvo's pay rate appears to more than competitive compared to other organizations. The management is quite competent and very personable, which is more than I can say for many companies. The work environment is relaxed and generally fun; certainly nothing you will dread going to every day.

Cons

At least in my area, there was no clear path to advancement. In many cases you would need to transfer to a different department or take a significantly different job to move to a higher level. If you are unwilling or unable to do this, you will potentially be waiting years for a position to open up.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for employees to advance within the company