Von Maur - Doesn't even deserve one star | Glassdoor

"Doesn't even deserve one star"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Von Maur full-time for more than a year

Pros

closed on major holidays, time & a half on sundays (if you were luckily scheduled to work them). back when I worked there, pay was higher than typical retail and you could get a higher rate starting out if you just said you had a higher rate at your last employer.

Cons

Horribly outdated dress code; women only allowed to wear skirts/dresses and pantyhose, which was terrible when you had to bend down a lot to do freight (and if you're in the shoe department). Managers wouldn't back you up in front of customers, they'd tell you one thing over the phone, but when they actually came down to take care of the customer, they'd completely go against everything they just said and make you... look like an idiot in front of the customer. Scheduling was absolute BS, if you had any modifications once, your manager would make sure to never give you a good schedule ever again (ie, take you off of time & a half sundays or always put you closing on a friday/saturday). They always claimed they couldn't do anything about how TESS scheduled you, which is absolute lies. This place will suck the ever living happiness out of you, I became extremely depressed working there - had my manager lie about how many sick days I had taken and would continuously not change it on my review after I pointed it out every single month. In the end, I ended up quitting with no job lined up because my management pulled me into a room & said I had a terrible attitude & if I wasn't going to change it they'd fire me; I didn't want to give them that satisfaction, so next day I put in my notice. Do yourself a a favor and DO NOT WORK HERE. THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY I'VE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF WORKING FOR.

Advice to Management

close down all your stores and get rid of this sad excuse for a company.

Von Maur2017-09-30
  1. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Normal, IL

I have been working at Von Maur part-time for more than a year

Pros

Von Maur is sincerely the best place I’ve worked. Management cares and works with you and you are made to sincerely feel like a valuable asset to the company.

Cons

Women cannot wear pants, must wear skirts or dresses and it’s very impractical for the midwestern cold, not the mention dated.

Von Maur2019-03-13
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hoover, AL

I have been working at Von Maur full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with Von Maur at the Hoover, Al location for 8 months and it's been one of the best and most rewarding time in my career, I love the dress code, for the most part, Co-workers and friendly and ALWAYS willing and ready to help. the discount is great and meeting different people from all walks of life who comes in to shop and talk has been rewarding. I've always said, if work is your second home, it needs to... be a place you enjoy working and find fulfilling.

Cons

I have no cons. All is GOOD

Advice to Management

none at this time.

Von Maur2019-09-07

Discover more reviews about Von Maur.