Von Maur - Sales Associate | Glassdoor
  1. "Sales Associate"

I have been working at Von Maur part-time

Pros

Great selection of merchandise attractively displayed Stocking, gift boxing, vacuuming, markdowns, opening store accounts, locating merchandise from other VM stores, filling merchandise requests for other stores , maintaining (high) sales quotas, etc...you will do it all. Most senior managers are helpful and great to work with. Regular clientele that appreciates quality service

Cons

Erratic # of work hours and schedule - anywhere from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.+ Good number of 20-something department managers - not necessarily a con, but can generate unnecessary drama at times Slow registers Rigid attendance policy- you are late if even by one minute both clocking in for a shift and returning from a lunch break.

Advice to Management

be able to substantiate feedback with details, give sales associates the ability to access their daily sales numbers (greater transparency), compensate associates for opening up store charges, use Saturday morning meeting time for more product/store knowledge

Von Maur2018-01-25
  1. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Normal, IL

I have been working at Von Maur part-time for more than a year

Pros

Von Maur is sincerely the best place I’ve worked. Management cares and works with you and you are made to sincerely feel like a valuable asset to the company.

Cons

Women cannot wear pants, must wear skirts or dresses and it’s very impractical for the midwestern cold, not the mention dated.

Von Maur2019-03-13
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hoover, AL

I have been working at Von Maur full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with Von Maur at the Hoover, Al location for 8 months and it's been one of the best and most rewarding time in my career, I love the dress code, for the most part, Co-workers and friendly and ALWAYS willing and ready to help. the discount is great and meeting different people from all walks of life who comes in to shop and talk has been rewarding. I've always said, if work is your second home, it needs to... be a place you enjoy working and find fulfilling.

Cons

I have no cons. All is GOOD

Advice to Management

none at this time.

Von Maur2019-09-07

Discover more reviews about Von Maur.