Von Maur - Prepare to be bored stiff! | Glassdoor

"Prepare to be bored stiff!"

Current Employee - Department Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Von Maur full-time for more than a year

Pros

You meet a lot of cool coworkers. 2 weekends off a month once you have been working here a year. Easy growth, as long as you stay with the company there is growth, qaulified or not.

Cons

The cons definetly outweight the pros at Von Maur. There are no customers but are shoving unrealistacally high sales goals down your throat. The dress code is ridiculously outdated. Women can finally just now wear no pantyhose/tights. Upper management is not only racist, but underqualified as well. Why is my store manager 27 years old with no expierence? They undermind everything we (department managers) say, as... well as sales associates. Need to be off for a family emergency? Forget about it. You are sick but no sick pay? That counts against you too! Not to mention they don't care. I was ill and called before my shift and my manager said " Well make sure next time call an hour before your shift begins". Sorry later i'm throwing up everywhere at Von Maur isn't on my mind. Also, my store is in Atlanta, not the middle of nowhere Iowa, yes we will be late sometime considering there is bumper to bumper traffic all the time. Give us a grace period or something! Not to mention there are so many duties outside the job description, like unloading the truck in a long dress. Work here for a couple months, it is a good resume booster and easy. I wouldn't suggest making this your career. It's a good stepping stone if you lost your job, or etc. Be prepared to do nothing and have customers come at you for price adjustments for 5$ and etc. Then you get your 1% commission taken away. They act like that is an incentive too!!!! Save yourself now!

Advice to Management

Let's get better management, instead of young ladies with no expierence and realistic sales goals.

Von Maur2018-02-22
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hoover, AL

I have been working at Von Maur full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with Von Maur at the Hoover, Al location for 8 months and it's been one of the best and most rewarding time in my career, I love the dress code, for the most part, Co-workers and friendly and ALWAYS willing and ready to help. the discount is great and meeting different people from all walks of life who comes in to shop and talk has been rewarding. I've always said, if work is your second home, it needs to... be a place you enjoy working and find fulfilling.

Cons

I have no cons. All is GOOD

Advice to Management

none at this time.

Von Maur2019-09-07
  2. "Fun Job"

Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Von Maur full-time for more than a year

Pros

We now get to wear black pants, tattoos can be shown, awesome co workers in our area, pay is decent

Cons

would be nice to have a set schedule with little kids and to be able to take more than one weekend off.

Von Maur2019-09-23

Discover more reviews about Von Maur.