Von Maur - run as fast as you can! | Glassdoor

"run as fast as you can!"

I have been working at Von Maur full-time for more than a year

Pros

- vacation hours are given every 3 months - certain departments managers are nice

Cons

- minimum pay went up and we are still at $11 bucks per hour for newcomers - only gets 35 hours when you request for 40. will not give extra hours except for christmas. have mouths to feed - floor management is delusional. both floor managers are condensing and good people are leaving left and right - floor manager uses camera to watch you and call you on the phone when they micromanage - lunch break are not... full hour breaks. you must be on time otherwise you get 20 lates to termination (4 absents too ) - sick hours are given every January 1st - CSIP hourly goals. how are u truly suppose to help customers when you are constantly worring about it. the nightime shifts suffer if they dont work weekends - other department managers think they can control you and yell at you - favoritism is at the highest and worst. you wont ever get promoted if management doesnt like you no matter if you have been there since opening.

Advice to Management

grow up. i understand you are in your late 20s but this is not high school or college. floor management needs to be reviewed more closely. they also need to communicate with each other - morale of the store is lacking

Von Maur2018-05-09
  1. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Normal, IL

I have been working at Von Maur part-time for more than a year

Pros

Von Maur is sincerely the best place I’ve worked. Management cares and works with you and you are made to sincerely feel like a valuable asset to the company.

Cons

Women cannot wear pants, must wear skirts or dresses and it’s very impractical for the midwestern cold, not the mention dated.

Von Maur2019-03-13
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hoover, AL

I have been working at Von Maur full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with Von Maur at the Hoover, Al location for 8 months and it's been one of the best and most rewarding time in my career, I love the dress code, for the most part, Co-workers and friendly and ALWAYS willing and ready to help. the discount is great and meeting different people from all walks of life who comes in to shop and talk has been rewarding. I've always said, if work is your second home, it needs to... be a place you enjoy working and find fulfilling.

Cons

I have no cons. All is GOOD

Advice to Management

none at this time.

Von Maur2019-09-07

Discover more reviews about Von Maur.