Von Maur - Loss Prevention Associate | Glassdoor

"Loss Prevention Associate"

I have been working at Von Maur full-time

Pros

Great benefits. Paid time off after a year of employment. The store is closed all major holidays.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Von Maur2018-09-06
  1. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Normal, IL

I have been working at Von Maur part-time for more than a year

Pros

Von Maur is sincerely the best place I’ve worked. Management cares and works with you and you are made to sincerely feel like a valuable asset to the company.

Cons

Women cannot wear pants, must wear skirts or dresses and it’s very impractical for the midwestern cold, not the mention dated.

Von Maur2019-03-13
  2. "Promises more than delivers"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Von Maur full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Paid holidays after a year Time and a half on Sundays No crazy holiday hours Good health insurance

Cons

Inflexible scheduling for full time associates Little room for advancement unless you are young, blonde, and skinny Antiquated dress code Nearly impossible to transfer to a new department Chronic understaffing Insufficient training

Advice to Management

Stop wasting money opening new stores and spend that money staffing the existing stores. Eliminate the preferred customer books for all associates except pace setters. It is useless busy work that needlessly bothers customers, many of whom prefer emails and/or text messages. Stop playing favorites with employees. If an exception is made for one, allow it for all. Enforce existing policy and stop caving to customer's... irrational demands. Support your employees. After all without us, you have no company.

Von Maur2019-09-09

Discover more reviews about Von Maur.