Von Maur - Wasted time not appreciatd | Glassdoor

"Wasted time not appreciatd"

Sales Associate in Greenwood, IN

I worked at Von Maur for more than 3 years

Pros

Time and half on Sunday Holidays off Co workers

Cons

Pressure to make sales Constant threats to be fired or written up for not making the sales Competitive atmosphere caused by department managers Upper management always sides with department managers and never deals with the real problems within the department No appreciation for your time or work there Favoritism Closing nights followed by early morning shift Terrible raises Expected to keep thieves from... stealing Drama, rumors, gossip Upper management does not care about the employees! You are just a body filling a position for them! can’t have water on the floor

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Deal with real issues in the departments. Stop behaving like emotionless selfish robots.

Von Maur2019-04-14
  1. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Normal, IL

I have been working at Von Maur part-time for more than a year

Pros

Von Maur is sincerely the best place I’ve worked. Management cares and works with you and you are made to sincerely feel like a valuable asset to the company.

Cons

Women cannot wear pants, must wear skirts or dresses and it’s very impractical for the midwestern cold, not the mention dated.

Von Maur2019-03-13
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hoover, AL

I have been working at Von Maur full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with Von Maur at the Hoover, Al location for 8 months and it's been one of the best and most rewarding time in my career, I love the dress code, for the most part, Co-workers and friendly and ALWAYS willing and ready to help. the discount is great and meeting different people from all walks of life who comes in to shop and talk has been rewarding. I've always said, if work is your second home, it needs to... be a place you enjoy working and find fulfilling.

Cons

I have no cons. All is GOOD

Advice to Management

none at this time.

Von Maur2019-09-07

Discover more reviews about Von Maur.