Von Maur - Great employees.... Upper Management too young with little experience | Glassdoor

"Great employees.... Upper Management too young with little experience"

Former Employee - Full Time Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Von Maur full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful work environment. Great merchandise with a wide range of price points. No extended Holiday hours. Fantastic co-workers. I had a blast... Everyone was so nice and fun. Great personalities. Which Von Maur likes to hire as customer service is the top thing. Not just pointing to the dressing room but actual one on one help. Good base pay plus small commission added to non-commission department... personnel. Takes the hourly wage up even a couple more dollars an hour.

Cons

Ladies dress code is outdated. No pants and must wear pantyhose even during non sales hours. Upper Management is usually young, single, and inexperienced. Tess,the automated scheduler is horrible. If you need a day off you have to know a month ahead of time if you or your child are going to get sick and need to go to the doctor. I didn't have a lot of trouble with it but know many employees who did. We... had three different store managers in the 13 months I worked there. Department managers are not given any real authority. Promotions are great, but a store needs stability. Don't take away good people out of a new store just to fill a spot somewhere else. Management needs stability too.... No point in unpacking, much less purchase a house. Floor managers spent a lot of time in the security office watching sales associates over the camera monitors. And if you need one for a customer issue they rarely answer their page.

Advice to Management

Be more accessible to your employees on the sales floor. Get more involved with the day to day goings on. Treat employees equally. Train the HR person completely before turning them loose alone.

Von Maur2014-05-17
  1. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Von Maur full-time

Pros

Many advancement opportunities at this company!

Cons

It would be nice to wear pants.

Von Maur2019-04-01
  2. "Great working culture"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hoover, AL

I have been working at Von Maur part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People here are positive and fun. The customers who shop at Von Maur are wonderful its like having family you did not know you had. Managers work with you if you need time off. I would highly recommend working here. The management provides incentives for doing your job, some in cash ,some in products. Who else give you perks for doing your job?

Cons

Employees park on the second level of the parking deck. Lots of traffic from the mall during the holidays.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. If it isnt broke dont fix it. Ignore the unhappy former employees. Some folks want to make up their own rules and get unhappy when those rules are not appropriate.

Von Maur2019-11-10

Discover more reviews about Von Maur.