Vonage - Run and don't look back ... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vonage

"Run and don't look back ..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Pros

I did get a paycheck and was able to eat and keep a roof over my head at the same time. I was very glad to have a job in these economic times.

Cons

Vonage is just a very bad environment to work within, PERIOD. The company breeds negativity and complacency. There is no professional track for growth. Management doesn't know up from down. Agents are the backbone of the business, but they ALWAYS get the short end of the stick. Not a good place to work, even on a part-time basis.

Advice to Management

The people hired with authority to make change, should also have a double dose of integrity.

Other Employee Reviews for Vonage

1. "The worst job I ever had!!!!!!! Stay away"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Holmdel, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Holmdel, NJ

Pros

I am really trying to list something here but it's not coming easy. My colleagues where nice and the events where fun. "Free" lunches (but you it counted as pay at the end of the year. I would have rather had the money and packed lunch). There was really nothing that would be consider a Pro. Wait working at Vonage made me realize how bad a job can be and helped me appreciate my present and past jobs a lot more.

Cons

Vonage is consistent in their method of business. They lie to their customers, employees, and share holders. It is a very poor attempt at running a business. Silverline or who ever gave them that loan in November of 08'. Should be a poster child for our failing finical system. The CEO of Vonage is a crook and he molded Vonage in his image. Check the BBB to and look at the number of complaints. It is a fly by night company that has been in a nose dive longer than anyone could have ever expected. Bitter very much so but I am speaking the truth. Would rather flip burgers then work for Vonage (seriously).

Advice to Management

Look for new management.

2. "Get in, get paid, get out. Unless you have skin like a dinosaur."

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Holmdel, NJ
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Holmdel, NJ

Pros

I was present for the Tech Support departments pay increase as well as bonus implementation. The money was great for a basically entry type position.

Cons

It's a call center under a constant barrage of calls in the que due to inept overseas Tier I support and soul-less sale/marketing campaign that pushed the product down people's throats. People who have no knowledge of current technologies, home networking, and bandwidth. 60-70% of Tier II calls were from people who weren't necessarily naive toward VoIP technology, but were lied to by Sales about their current internet provider being compatible with VoIP.

Most of the Tier II Tech supervisors were former CUSTOMER CARE AGENTS. Good luck...

Advice to Management

A slowly sinking ship is what you get when you promote the unintelligent.