Voodoo - Very interesting and yet very bad atmosphere | Glassdoor

"Very interesting and yet very bad atmosphere"

I worked at Voodoo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Big company, a lot of resources, a lot of interesting people

Cons

Very passive/aggressive atmosphere. A lot of unhealthy competition and back stabbing; Very poor management as everything is still decided by a very small core and so everyone just tries to please this small core instead of giving honest opinions. Everyone is always ecstatic and no one dares criticizing anything about the company which seems very fake.

Voodoo2019-10-29

Other Employee Reviews

"Company with a strong and unique culture"

Current Employee - Game Lead

I have been working at Voodoo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- A leadership that I trust, who listens and cares about their people and culture. - Autonomy given and trust from the leadership. - System thinking on how to be more effective in our work and at scale. This translates in our processes, how we do things, the games we make, the tools we use. - Super fun people to work with. People are nice, professional and there is a young atmosphere overall.

Cons

- As many companies that grow fast, there is the challenge to cope with the pace as we get more numerous: quality hiring, training, reflecting on mistakes etc..but the leadership is aware and reacted fast in addressing these matters. - Tendency to execute things a bit too fast without taking the time to step back and see the big picture (i.e. the prototypes we test fast on the market)

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the people, keep questioning how we do things, stay flexible with the change. It’s been an amazing time so far!

Voodoo2019-10-15

"Best culture"

Current Employee - Launch Ops Developer in Paris

I have been working at Voodoo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic culture promoting excellence. Excellent compensation. They really look after you. Awesome work life balance.

Cons

Can't think of anything. The only thing I can say is that to be part of such a high achieving company you must be a high achieving person.

Voodoo2019-10-14

Discover more reviews about Voodoo.