Vrbo - Great job with amazing opportunities | Glassdoor

"Great job with amazing opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Vrbo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing place to work with great benefits, pay and a lot of little ways that the company shows it's appreciation. The kind of company you want to work for. There is a great work life balance. If you have more work than you can do, people still understand if you leave at 5 and don't work on weekends. Not only would you be happy just working here, the opportunities for career growth and development are amazing. If you're doing valuable, innovative work you'll see a lot of doors open up. The company is exploding with growth and I'm excited to see where we take it

Cons

Some corporate policies of Expedia Group like the annual budget request cycle and bonus schedule can be annoying.

Continue reading
    Vrbo2018-07-28
  1. "Work with great people in a fun category"

I have been working at Vrbo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great team to work with -Get to think about travel as part of your job -Great benefits -Very inclusive culture.

Cons

-Tough competitive business. -A lot of ongoing organizational changes

Vrbo2020-02-22

"Call center work that sucks out your soul."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Vrbo full-time for more than a year

Pros

They put a lot of effort into manufacturing a culture. They might not necessarily live it day by day, but there is a clear effort to make it seem like its a #fun place to work. The team leaders know the work is awful and they genuinely seem to care about their team members.

Cons

Metrics, metrics, metrics. The training team doesn't prepare you for what its going to be truly like on the floor. Certain teams are lacking in numbers and are unable to efficiently handle their workload, so the new trainees are pulled aside and "coached" that they need to perform a specific task that they've never been trained in, let alone knew was a thing. They also use the word "coach" alot. "So and so did this; I think I'll have to give him a coaching." You're going to "coach" me? Okay, person who has a #goodvibesonly bumper sticker. Don't buy the hype - you're a number and you don't help people. You're there to ensure that Vrbo doesn't lose money, not help travelers in need.

Continue reading
    Vrbo2020-01-30

Discover more reviews about Vrbo.