Vrbo - No Advancement Outside of Customer Service | Glassdoor

"No Advancement Outside of Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Vrbo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and decent culture.

Cons

If you start as an hourly, entry-level Customer Service employee to get your foot in the door, there is a slim chance you will be able to transition into a salaried, growth role in another department. Despite having a college degree and over a decade of salaried career history, I was not able to advance my position to another department outside of Customer Service. Having participated in several internal interviews after working at HomeAway between 1-2 years, I found their reputation for internal mobility to be merely lip service. I had to move on.

Continue reading
    Vrbo2018-10-28

"Great Place to work"

I have been working at Vrbo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team members, great culture. Hosts many company events such as picnics, company holiday party, happy hours etc.

Cons

Coming from a start up, it has grown under expedia and is feeling more corporate than start up. But thats to be expected

Vrbo2019-04-30
  2. "Call center work that sucks out your soul."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Vrbo full-time for more than a year

Pros

They put a lot of effort into manufacturing a culture. They might not necessarily live it day by day, but there is a clear effort to make it seem like its a #fun place to work. The team leaders know the work is awful and they genuinely seem to care about their team members.

Cons

Metrics, metrics, metrics. The training team doesn't prepare you for what its going to be truly like on the floor. Certain teams are lacking in numbers and are unable to efficiently handle their workload, so the new trainees are pulled aside and "coached" that they need to perform a specific task that they've never been trained in, let alone knew was a thing. They also use the word "coach" alot. "So and so did this; I think I'll have to give him a coaching." You're going to "coach" me? Okay, person who has a #goodvibesonly bumper sticker. Don't buy the hype - you're a number and you don't help people. You're there to ensure that Vrbo doesn't lose money, not help travelers in need.

Continue reading
    Vrbo2020-01-30

Discover more reviews about Vrbo.